Login    Register

Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads

Postby Gary75 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Anyone used or have these brake pads fitted at the moment?

Looking at HP Sport pads, but these Carbone Lorraine pads on paper seem superior in performance.
Gary75

Re: Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads

Postby asperformance » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:23 pm

like most things it depends on what your trying to achieve and driving style/use

which exact CL pad are you looking at??

they are superior in terms of outright friction/temp ability but IMO offer high disc wear and can be difficult to modulate - if your looking specifically for a good carbon metallic pad then one of the PFC compounds would offer a better refinement or the new Pagid materials
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby Gary75 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Looking at the RC5+ pads. The others RC6/8 to aggressive for normal road use?

Currently have Ds2500 fitted, nice firm pedal, with little pressure required to stop. Can cause shimmy after a few braking applications, due to brake dust build up on the disc, but soon clears.

Looking for a change, either HP sport or CL Pads reviews good on both but on paper CL seem the better pad?

For anyone who is interested...

http://www.carbonelorrainebraking.co.uk/
Gary75

Postby asperformance » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 am

2x totally different pads (although probably similiar costs??)

Brembo HP Sport is very similiar friction wise to the likes of ds2500 but a more modern material offering high levels of refinement & wear rates comparable to a factory pad, will cope with normal road driving up to light track type use BUT is not aimed at extreme driving

RC5+ is an entry level track type material but offers poor refinement and high wear rates of pad & disc IME (personally dont rate CL in general), if this suits your driving style the likes of PFC '08 compound would offer better all round refinement, life and performance
ASPerformance
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby Gary75 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Just looking at something different. Im looking for good initial bite, hard pedal with little pressure. I surpose im looking for that new car feel, little effort to stop, brakes put you through the windscreen feel.

Mine at present has good hard pedal, but lacking that initial bite, more pressure required on the pedal to stop.
Gary75

Postby asperformance » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:08 am

remember that Subarus have limited servo effect so will never give a massive hit on initial press and will build as you add pressure (unlike Euro type cars that are over-servoed and give an instant hit which never gets any better)

from what you have said i would use the likes of Brembo Sport (MATCHED all round for best effects) - ensure calipers are clean / free and fresh fluid
ASPerformance
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby Gary75 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks Alyn,

I will be in touch with regards to brake pads. Ive read good reports about PFC pads 08 compound. A tad confused now CL, PFC or brembo HP sport?? my initial thoughts were to purchase the HP sport pads, but the bloody internet and reviews on pads has thrown a spanner in the works :lol:

I have the DS2500 fitted at present, good feel but can cause a shimmy, that soon clears, fades after several hard stops.... so dont want this from another pad except the firm pedal pressure.
Gary75

Postby BIG"E" » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

You wont go far wrong by using the PF pads..

PF pads and a good brake fluid from Alyn, job done.. :wink:
BIG"E"

Postby Gary75 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Thanks Big E, I have spoken with Alyn today, I've gone with a set of HP Sport pads. I'll give them a go.
Gary75

Postby Gary75 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Arrived this afternoon, now fitted to car...

Thanks Alyn.
Gary75

Return to Tech Help