Login    Register

gear knob

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
gear knob

Postby grahampesking » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:58 pm

guys my gear knob is being refurbished , Ive been told it should screw off with a bit of force , anyone tried this before :?
grahampesking

Postby SteveS » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Yeah that is right, just bought a new one and fitted it. It was a bu$$er to unscrew but came off eventually. Just be careful and remove any rings on yer left hand. When i bought my WR1 i got rid of the wife and the ring.............the gear knob is still in excellent condition. Still have the original and might get it polished. :D
SteveS

Postby grahampesking » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:26 pm

cheers mate ,, Ive just removed it using a wet chamois lol , got a new Richbrook STi gear knob while my original gets sent to Ashford Chroming for a full re-furb , the sti one looks good tho lol

http://www.ashfordchroming.com/
grahampesking

Postby 500tie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:33 pm

How much did it cost mate. I appreciate you might not want to post it on here so please feel free to pm me thanks mate
Sooty,
Needs a WR1 now his WRX300 is sold
Or a spec D
500tie

Postby Steveyk » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Try Holdcroft Subaru in Stoke, got a brand spanking WR1 gear knob for £49.95.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Matty WR1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:09 pm

i've got a little booty on mine - keeps it scratch free and warm lol!!

found it on a bottle of innocent smothies at the supermarket :D
Matty WR1

Postby grahampesking » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 pm

500tie wrote:How much did it cost mate. I appreciate you might not want to post it on here so please feel free to pm me thanks mate

£50 mate , its hastle sending it away I know but mine was really bad with scratches
grahampesking

Postby grahampesking » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Steveyk wrote:Try Holdcroft Subaru in Stoke, got a brand spanking WR1 gear knob for £49.95.

tried them mate ,I even spoke to Rickbrook who make them for all the subaru supliers , and they dont make the wr1 gear knobs anymore , so the only thing I could do was to get the one I had re-furbed ,

Il post pics of it when its done , I got my sti gear knob from Holdcroft , does the job
grahampesking

Postby Steveyk » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 pm

grahampesking wrote:
Steveyk wrote:Try Holdcroft Subaru in Stoke, got a brand spanking WR1 gear knob for £49.95.

tried them mate ,I even spoke to Rickbrook who make them for all the subaru supliers , and they dont make the wr1 gear knobs anymore , so the only thing I could do was to get the one I had re-furbed ,

Il post pics of it when its done , I got my sti gear knob from Holdcroft , does the job

Dammit! Worth a try tho. :roll:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby SteveS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Anyone know what size thread is on the top of the gear stalk, coz I'm getting my lad a Momo gear knob for christmas for his Blobeye WRX and they don't state model & version. :x :?
SteveS

Postby buffy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 pm

didnt pro drive have a load for sale last year when we were at the p1 anniversary,, might be wrong but sure they had quite a few
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby grahampesking » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 pm

SteveS wrote:Anyone know what size thread is on the top of the gear stalk, coz I'm getting my lad a Momo gear knob for christmas for his Blobeye WRX and they don't state model & version. :x :?

not sure mate ,, I fitted a Richbrook STi on mine and it fits perfect , but u need a little washer to make it line up straight if u kn ow what I mean :?
grahampesking

Postby SteveS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm

grahampesking wrote:
SteveS wrote:Anyone know what size thread is on the top of the gear stalk, coz I'm getting my lad a Momo gear knob for christmas for his Blobeye WRX and they don't state model & version. :x :?

not sure mate ,, I fitted a Richbrook STi on mine and it fits perfect , but u need a little washer to make it line up straight if u kn ow what I mean :?

Thanks mate, think I will go down the Richbrook route to make sure i get the right one. Image
SteveS

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1