Login    Register

admin

Any problems, or any suggestions, let us know.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

  • Author
    Message

Postby marky mark » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Gangsta does have a point, but it can be frustrating for members when things they have asked for or things that are required for the good of the site dont get done because there is a) no one around b) they dont notice it as they understandably have better things to do.

If that is the case - The site would be improved by making one of the regular daytime posters/visitors a mod.

So out of people who do that Dan/Bro/myself etc Dan is clearly the most suitable!
User avatar
marky mark
JPs little helper
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: PMSL @ BOBFOC

Postby The Swede » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Agree with Smurf too, there is little moderating needed.

I think there should be a clear seperation in the issue

Need for Admin:
In my eyes, their task is to delete spam-members, fix issues with people's profile, accept new members, allow people into the member's area, etc . We might be light on this.

Need for Moderating:
Their task (in my view again): Decide whether a tread is in the correct area and moving them if necessary, help resolving disagreements between members, delete treads if very inappropriate (and communicate with the members on the rationale), etc

I think we're OK on moderators, although I regularly think posts are being put up in the totally wrong forum (even by very regular members).
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:30 pm

geezer the biggest issue anyone has on here is the odd spam user. This has been the first time in 3 months that anything has had to be moderated. That sort of time span does not warrant any additions to the moderator list.

I am on here every single day and have been for the past three months. The fact that I missed the requests for new users and the requests for spammers to be deleted is my own fault but as I mentioned it has been a busy time.

Just to re-iterate. There are 4 spam users which need to be deleted and two members which need to be added to the members only section. That does not warrant any further moderators.

If one of our team decides to resign then we will look at what the site needs again and will decide who becomes a moderator. It is not a voting process and any decisions will be made by the moderating team.

The site runs very smoothly and everybody gets along. we are all here for the same reason and because of that the site should only need one or two people that have to moderate. We have seven ... which is more than enough.
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:34 pm

as mentioned. All moderators have access to the admin super-user (Webmaster) ... this was introduced to facilitate more of us being able to delete users or change permissions.

As already mentioned I should have been more forthright in using it to delete the spammers and add the new users to the members forum. I wasn't and I apologise for that. It will not happen again.
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby The Swede » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:35 pm

I am not 'Geezer'.
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby danr55 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:37 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:as mentioned. All moderators have access to the admin super-user (Webmaster) ... this was introduced to facilitate more of us being able to delete users or change permissions.

As already mentioned I should have been more forthright in using it to delete the spammers and add the new users to the members forum. I wasn't and I apologise for that. It will not happen again.


Not too sure why you're apologising mate, there's plenty of other mods, i agree. maybe the issue is they dont know how to use "the power" ?
Image
User avatar
danr55
Site Owner
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Postby danr55 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:42 pm

erm, also i think there's a whole load more than 4 spam users.... :wink:
Image
User avatar
danr55
Site Owner
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Torrekens wrote:I am not 'Geezer'.


I wasn't even referring to you. Plus over here calling someone geezer is a sign that you are friends with them.

So chill out!
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby The Swede » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:51 pm

OK. Misread in that case. Your reply accidently ended up under my point which stated clearly I didn't think we needed more mods.

Wanted to keep the discussion objective.

Thanks for the update on 'geezer'. End of the country I lived it wasn't really a compliment.

Must admit it was good to see the list of moderators got cleaned out recently as we had a zillion people on the list that hadn't showed up in years.
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:11 pm

the four spammers have now been deleted and 52 users that have not posted or have names which I don't think are valid have also been vaped
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:17 pm

more will be deleted this evening.

Also am deleting people who have never posted or have posted once and their post was total shite or about something not relevant.
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby marky mark » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:25 pm

Nice one Rob :thumb:

what about Bro's 8000+ posts of shite :?:
User avatar
marky mark
JPs little helper
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: PMSL @ BOBFOC

Postby The Swede » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:53 pm

marky mark wrote:Nice one Rob :thumb:

what about Bro's 8000+ posts of shite :?:


Easy, boys ! Smurf doesn't need much encouragement for hat one :lol:

Good initiative, Rob. If people join and then decide to not be active member of the forum anyway, they should indeed best be deleted after a while.
If you don't use Hotmail for 30 days, your account also expires.
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby stijoy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:55 pm

danr55 wrote:
Gangsta Smurf wrote:as mentioned. All moderators have access to the admin super-user (Webmaster) ... this was introduced to facilitate more of us being able to delete users or change permissions.

As already mentioned I should have been more forthright in using it to delete the spammers and add the new users to the members forum. I wasn't and I apologise for that. It will not happen again.


Not too sure why you're apologising mate, there's plenty of other mods, i agree. maybe the issue is they dont know how to use "the power" ?

I CAN ONLY DELETE, LOCK, MOVE OR SPLIT A TOPIC,
I HAVE TRIED LOADS OF TIMES TO DO WHAT CHRIS HAS SAID TO DELETE SPAM, AND OTHER THINGS BUT CAN NOT DO IT.
User avatar
stijoy
Moderator
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:26 pm

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:02 pm

joy you have PM
Gangsta Smurf
 

Postby The Swede » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:23 pm

I wanna see how long it's gonna take before Pops has deleted a normal member by accident (or on purpose). :angel:
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby danr55 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:35 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:more will be deleted this evening.

Also am deleting people who have never posted or have posted once and their post was total shite or about something not relevant.


nice work :wink:
Image
User avatar
danr55
Site Owner
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Postby danr55 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:35 pm

stijoy wrote:
danr55 wrote:
Gangsta Smurf wrote:as mentioned. All moderators have access to the admin super-user (Webmaster) ... this was introduced to facilitate more of us being able to delete users or change permissions.

As already mentioned I should have been more forthright in using it to delete the spammers and add the new users to the members forum. I wasn't and I apologise for that. It will not happen again.


Not too sure why you're apologising mate, there's plenty of other mods, i agree. maybe the issue is they dont know how to use "the power" ?

I CAN ONLY DELETE, LOCK, MOVE OR SPLIT A TOPIC,
I HAVE TRIED LOADS OF TIMES TO DO WHAT CHRIS HAS SAID TO DELETE SPAM, AND OTHER THINGS BUT CAN NOT DO IT.


try bolder and bigger letters, POPS !! :lol:
Image
User avatar
danr55
Site Owner
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Previous

Return to Site Problems and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron