Login    Register

Log on problem

Any problems, or any suggestions, let us know.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Log on problem

Postby D3ave » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:06 pm

Hi folks,
I have been having problems with logging on and posting / answering threads and wondered if anyone has ideas as to why,

I can view ok, seems ok when I log on, write a message then press submit and it asks for my username and password again, I put it in again and the message has gone, just goes round in circles,

The message I posted last week (and this one) was posted on the same computer but using my partners screen name, no problems, so that sort of rules out firewall or a computer setting,

Any ideas on this would be gratefully received

D3ave
D3ave

Postby Brian » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:27 am

strainge one,

so if you use another user name .. everything is fine ???

What is your original user name mate? which causes problems?
Brian

Postby Brian » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:28 am

You say Screen name.. does that mean login name on your PC ?
Brian

Postby chris » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:22 am

Mine seems to time out if i leave it for a while and then i need to re enter the username and password.

Brian, what on earth are you doing up at 6.20am on a Sunday?!? :?

Chris
chris

Postby D3ave » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:32 am

Hi
Yes, I am using the same username / login name as before but using my partners screen name to access wr1 oc site, THEN fill in my own details, (am on AOL which allows up to 7 user names / logon names for the same account / computer)

I tried this reply earlier today on my own screen name and it did same as described in earlier thread,

D3ave
D3ave

Postby Brian » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:35 pm

Chris, Went to Blue Water today :) mind you i always get up at 6.00 on a Sunday.
As daughter of 3 years has a biult in alarm clock that wakes us up at 6.00 every morning and the alarm cant be reset on a sunday :( even if she does go to bed a bit later on a saturday night :(

Dave, sounds like a cache, cookie problem. as you are logging on as same user on this site but logging on as a different user using AOL, seems like a setting to do with AOL.

I might be wrong as im no IT expert Dannyboy may know a bit more, heel be back from holiday soon.
Brian

Return to Site Problems and Suggestions