Login    Register

Foster Square Bradford

Seen a WR1? See if you can find the owner by posting your sighting here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Foster Square Bradford

Postby WR1 Owner! » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:28 pm

W***LTD at foster square bradford today. looked quite nice parked up
WR1 Owner!

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:20 pm

IIRC that was Rums WR1 he was the Subaru Insure rep.

Also the first WR1 I saw in the flesh, it was parked outside the Arden hotel next to the NEC
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Megaman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 pm

ive seen that one around before parked up - never seen the driver to give them a nod/wave
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Megaman wrote:ive seen that one around before parked up - never seen the driver to give them a nod/wave

It goes past my office in Horsforth everyday that car, never seen the driver tho!! :?
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Ive been driving through horsforth all week this week on my way to a course in Tong.. darn Census at the bottom of rodley round about the other day made traffic a nightmare... :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR1 Owner! » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:21 pm

i still havnt seen you mega.. gonna have to keep an eye out for you. cant believe your so local yet not been seen lol
WR1 Owner!

Postby John Mc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:44 am

Megaman wrote:Ive been driving through horsforth all week this week on my way to a course in Tong.. darn Census at the bottom of rodley round about the other day made traffic a nightmare... :)

Nowt wrong wi' census.... I nearly lost it turning into the industrial estate trying to beat the MASSIVE never ending queue behind a slow moving lorry coming from Brat'ford direction. Touch and go it was...

The beat-bobby had a quick glance as I was struggling to hold the slide and not end up actually IN the census.... only things I didn't think about were A) not many WR1's work in that area and B) Although there are 2 ways out of the estate.... both come back onto that main road :bang:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 pm

WR1 Owner! wrote:i still havnt seen you mega.. gonna have to keep an eye out for you. cant believe your so local yet not been seen lol

Thats because i drive a WR1 mate - fookin quick!! :wink:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:33 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Nowt wrong wi' census.... I nearly lost it turning into the industrial estate trying to beat the MASSIVE never ending queue behind a slow moving lorry coming from Brat'ford direction. Touch and go it was...

The beat-bobby had a quick glance as I was struggling to hold the slide and not end up actually IN the census.... only things I didn't think about were A) not many WR1's work in that area and B) Although there are 2 ways out of the estate.... both come back onto that main road :bang:

Who lets lorries on the road when Subarus are on the road... shouldnt there be some law against that? ;)

As for the census, I was scowled at as I booted it up the hill away from the copper. Its a 60 limit and I was past the census point so what the hell?

No law stating how quick u get to the limit is there?

:)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR1 Owner! » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:53 pm

at the moment i just got my own car so i have to stick to my astra diesel. when my uncle brings the wr1 out then i can keep up. untill then im just gonna hope you hit rush hour traffic lol. where abouts you from? might take a drive one day. loving the cost of diesel... 80miles to £10.. bliss
WR1 Owner!

Postby John Mc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Megaman wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Nowt wrong wi' census.... I nearly lost it turning into the industrial estate trying to beat the MASSIVE never ending queue behind a slow moving lorry coming from Brat'ford direction. Touch and go it was...

Who lets lorries on the road when Subarus are on the road... shouldnt there be some law against that? ;)

As for the census, I was scowled at as I booted it up the hill away from the copper. Its a 60 limit and I was past the census point so what the hell?

No law stating how quick u get to the limit is there?

That copper must be well peed off having to stand there all day stopping cars knowing they won't be thanking him/them!! People from our office go in and out of there a few of times per day and were stopped 3 times in a day!! Doesn't seem to matter to them when you flash the paper at them, telling them you already had one, they still have to give you another one... :wank:

I love that hill coming from Bradford direction up to the old BK roundabout.... had a few drags up there, it's sooo tempting! I don't think it will be long till they put a camera there... there are a few cameras the other way out to Bradford!!

What time do you normally go through the area?
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Hiya,

You gotta watch the tarmac in the outside lane of that hill up to the old BK roundabout... most cars ive driven seem to tramline - the focus is worse than the WR1 but as you put power down the car will try and go left or right u have to fight to keep it straight under race conditions.

I sometimes go to work that way and come home that way... i set off from guiseley at around 8am... get there at maybe 10 / 15 past 8... queue for about 15 mins then zoom down to rodley roundabout / up to pudsey round about then to the ring road to get the back way to cleckheaton.. on the way home id be leaving at 5 hitting that area at around 5:30-5:45pm due to traffic..
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR1 Owner! » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:07 pm

dont you hit the 606 to get to cleckheaton? or up tong street way? god knows which way you be going.. been down guiseley a few times.. cant beat harry ramsdens fish and chips!
WR1 Owner!

Postby John Mc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:44 am

I had noticed this tramlining, wasn't sure if it was my steering, tyres or the road.... it isn't too obvious that the road is the cause (you don't see obvious lines in the road for the tyres to track) but it does pull the car from side to side pretty quickly when you race...

I usually get to work around 7am and leave about 6pm ish (depending on workload) so probably the reason I don't see you. I hate sitting in the traffic so I come to work early, the back road from Harrogate is a 'mare through Pool if you leave it till 7.30am ish.
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:30 pm

WR1 Owner! wrote:dont you hit the 606 to get to cleckheaton? or up tong street way? god knows which way you be going.. been down guiseley a few times.. cant beat harry ramsdens fish and chips!

Normally I go Guiseley - Yeadon - Apperly Bridge - Left onto Killinghall Road / Sticker Lane - then towards and down the 606. If that way is blocked i can go via pudsey - its a lot longer but moves quicker - daft i know
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:36 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:I had noticed this tramlining, wasn't sure if it was my steering, tyres or the road.... it isn't too obvious that the road is the cause (you don't see obvious lines in the road for the tyres to track) but it does pull the car from side to side pretty quickly when you race...

I usually get to work around 7am and leave about 6pm ish (depending on workload) so probably the reason I don't see you. I hate sitting in the traffic so I come to work early, the back road from Harrogate is a 'mare through Pool if you leave it till 7.30am ish.

Yes dont worry about the tramlining - my 330bhp FWD focus is terrible for it - it can snap the wheel out of your hands when you plant the power if you arent paying attention and holding on fairly well... The WR1 is much better as it feels more planted and stable on the ground being a heavier car with better weight distribution.. As for in at work for 7am.. im getting up then!
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:19 pm

Megaman wrote:[

Best you start an allotment then so you can grow your own food, use the
peeled veg waste and make your own biofuel....

without us truckies the country would have nowt on the shelfs :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WR1 Owner! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 am

Megaman wrote:
WR1 Owner! wrote:dont you hit the 606 to get to cleckheaton? or up tong street way? god knows which way you be going.. been down guiseley a few times.. cant beat harry ramsdens fish and chips!

Normally I go Guiseley - Yeadon - Apperly Bridge - Left onto Killinghall Road / Sticker Lane - then towards and down the 606. If that way is blocked i can go via pudsey - its a lot longer but moves quicker - daft i know

never seen you.. let me know when your free sometime. could pop down to the harry ramsdens for something to eat and see you there or something. not now though im fasting.. no food all day.. the pain..
WR1 Owner!

Postby John Mc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:44 am

WR1 Owner! wrote:
Megaman wrote:

never seen you.. let me know when your free sometime. could pop down to the harry ramsdens for something to eat and see you there or something. not now though im fasting.. no food all day.. the pain..

12.42am.... you an insomniac??? :lol: I thought that fasting began when the sun rose and finished when it set ? Assuming you are fasting for religious reasons and not on a diet.... Surely you could eat at that time?
John Mc

Postby WR1 Owner! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:29 pm

the fast get shorter daily.. from 5am ( ish ) untill 7pm ( ish ) we cant eat. any other time we can. i stay awake all night to eat and then sleep all day during fasting.. nothing else better to do than stay awake all day and starve so may aswell sleep and i wont notice it as bad lol
WR1 Owner!

Postby John Mc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:40 am

WR1 Owner! wrote:the fast get shorter daily.. from 5am ( ish ) untill 7pm ( ish ) we cant eat. any other time we can. i stay awake all night to eat and then sleep all day during fasting.. nothing else better to do than stay awake all day and starve so may aswell sleep and i wont notice it as bad lol

What about work? Or are you a secret millionaire?? :wink:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:10 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:
WR1 Owner! wrote:the fast get shorter daily.. from 5am ( ish ) untill 7pm ( ish ) we cant eat. any other time we can. i stay awake all night to eat and then sleep all day during fasting.. nothing else better to do than stay awake all day and starve so may aswell sleep and i wont notice it as bad lol

One of "those" millionaires that drives around in an astra diesel...?

Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Megaman wrote:

LMAO...

What colour is your focus? I saw a white (pearlescent?!) one coming up the from rodley r-bout this morning... rather fast!! :wink:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Its blue mate - the white is a heavier paint and weights the car down, blue is the fastest colour they made :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR1 Owner! » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Megaman wrote:

lol it gets me around from A - B very cheap.. £35 road tax for a year. thats the same as a WR1 per month almost lol
WR1 Owner!

Return to Was it you?