Login    Register

Decat opinions

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Decat opinions

Postby fh83 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Whats peoples opinions on a decat for the WR1. Does this release much more power without anymore mods? Does the car still run ok without a remap? Is there much difference in the sound, not really wanting anymore!
fh83

decats

Postby davefaedeen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 pm

I think its better to get the car mapped if u want the best from a decat!! however am sure u will notice a diffrence without the map due to the decrease in back pressure.. i deff did on my old turbo2000 cracks and pops boost came in sooner and pulled better at the top end, cant really say about the WR1 my cars been decatted and mapped from day 1... the only time the cat is on is when the car is at subaru getting an MOT. I drove a standard Wr1 the other day and was amazed at how much more of a beast my WR1 felt in comparision with only a BOV decat and AF remap... as for the sound.. yup lots louder,, proper old school rally sound i cant get enough of it!! at the end of the day a decat doesnt cost very much.. put it on and see what u think.. if u dont like it (u will) then sell it!!
I want 400BHP Help
davefaedeen

Postby fh83 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Sounds like an idea. Suppose if i dont like it i can just take it back off. What do you reckon the power increase is with your mods dave? Cheers.
fh83

Postby davefaedeen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Well i know other guys with similar mods get in the region of 345BHP and 320ish torques!!(lucky buggers)

however my recent trip to a RR only gave 325ish bhp and 320ish torques cant remember the exact figure off the top of my head...but the boost came in alot sooner aiding the acceleration time,,, its a dual map by AF (done by previous owner)so i have the option to run low and high boost in the car...am out of the country at the moment but when i get back i will give AF a phone and see why he things the bhp figure is low(if it is)... it could have just been a dodgy RR session...but the car was mapped over 2years ago and 15000 miles have passed since then(plus a 40 lap run at the nurburgGP circuit) .. am adding a 3\" system and some new spark plugs soon.. so i will get another remap, and let u know how i get on!!

back to ur decating i would suggest u get a remap (if u do it) am not totaly up to speed about what damage that can be caused on a 315~BHP WR1 without it,, a 2000turbo running around 240BHP is a totaly diff kettle of fish..

hope this helps and doesnt add to ur confusion!!!
I want 400BHP Help
davefaedeen

Postby fh83 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Cheers Dave! Yeh will be good to here how you get on after speaking to Andy Forrest. Like the sound of the dual map. From what i can take from that it sounds like you could maybe push a bit more out on one map that would be too much for eveyday then have a second map thats almost back to standard. Sounds like a good idea. Will maybe speak to Andy aswell and see what he can do and for how much. Will be interesting to see what kind of power figures you are getting with the full system on. Just not sure whether i want to start modding mine yet or not!
fh83

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1