Login    Register

Exhaust help

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Exhaust help

Postby davefaedeen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi guys

Quick question,,, from what i understand my car has the standard 2.5" exhaust system and a 3" (maybe 3" not sure)) decat from the turbo down.. the car has been remapped by andy forrest by the previous owner with the dual map option triggered by the rear defrost button(amazing hours of fun),, a recent trip to the RR proved that on the low boost map the car gave 305BHP & 270 torques and on high boost 321BHP & 325 torques should this figure not be a bit higher.., if so do u think the standard 2.5" system is restricting this??

Help!!!
I want 400BHP Help
davefaedeen

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:12 pm

Did'nt know the ecutek ecu had a dual map !

Give AF a ring if he mapped it he's a top guy and very approachable !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

dual map u gotta have one!!

Postby davefaedeen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm

Ok will do i hear AF is the man for subarus.. but at the moment am stuck out in Angola!! wont be back for another 2 weeks!! With regard the map,, when i bought the car the subaru sales man said on getting in the car if u push that button it goes faster!! i though he was taking the piss... after a month or so (forgeting about this remark) i pushed the reardemist button to clear some snow.. the cars boost didnt seem to come in asusual i.e i had turned of the high boost map without knowing... thinking the car was goosed(idiot feel free to take the piss) i decided to take it to a RR to investgate.. luckly the guy there knew the car and told me what the score was... the rest of the day was spent getting my mates to drive the car in the lowboost map.. telling them to floor it and then slyly pushing the high boost map on!!! its almost like nitrous!! i recomend it to everyone!! on long trips and around town i turn the low boost map on save feul, and my ears... and when i fancy a blast out north deeside road the high boost map, and i wear ear plugs... only kidding!!!
I want 400BHP Help
davefaedeen

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1