Login    Register

Its all so easey Part 3

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby Mac-1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:28 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Car is looking really smart Mac, those AP's look really good... do they perform well? (not expecting a negative answer but...)

How long did it take to get the wheels done? Did you take the wheels off and send them away or could they do them in a day? (clueless...)

Cheers

Thanks John, Just need to tidy the bodywork up, It’s got a few stone chips and scratches and needs a bit or work. Will probably do it early next year now, I have a few expensive holidays coming up and Christmas is just around the corner. (OK, OK before any of you want to start, the wife has put a block on anymore 1 spending for the moment)

In answer to your questions, I asked a few people who had already had them fitted and they were full of praise for the additional breaking power. I fitted the rear AP’s because the existing pads and discs needed replacing so decided to replace the lot. The front AP’s were fitted after my Ring & Spa trip in 2006. I think they have made a huge difference to the cars stopping power and noticed each time I up-graded. From the front Brembo’s, to the AP’s and then from the rear Brembo’s to the AP’s. I was going to keep the Brembo’s just in case but now getting rid, I won’t be going back and I have also decided to keep the car for good.

Regarding the wheels, I had them off for a few weeks while I did a bit of work replacing the breaks, mud flaps and a few other bits so the wheels were removed anyway. I dropped the wheels off on a Tuesday morning at 08.00 and got a call next day at 12.30 telling me that they were ready. I removed the tyres and valves and just took the wheels, I had them refitted and balanced myself. Evo had the same turnaround on his and they removed and re-fitted his tyres.
Mac-1

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Nice one Mac.....Looks really good in the flesh.........(NOT YOU.....DOH) :roll:
Micktype WR1

Postby JP » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Mac-1 wrote:The 320 is just a black car to commemorate the death of a great rally car drive Richard Burns (but you knew that) The WR1 was a limited addition brought out to celebrate the win of Solburg and the Impreza in 2003 WRC.

So Death or Glory, I prefer Glory, but remember the Death.

Well put Mac-1! :thumb:
JP

Postby hightower » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 pm

So Death or Glory, I prefer Glory, but remember the Death.

good post!
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Previous

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1