Login    Register

FRONT FOGS FOR WR1

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby EVO 3695 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:45 pm

WAYNE WRX wrote:I think you will find, all the newage scoobs from Bugeye on to the WR1's have driving lamps not fogs and as such only come on with main beam 8)

Both my other two Scoobies had standard fog lamps that came on with a switch on the dash when you were on side, dip or main beam as with any other car !!! .I think I am right in saying that the WR1 has driving lamps fitted which are switchable to go on and off with the main beam (great down country lanes and if there's any silly Saxos coming towards you with their fog lamps on :omg: ) .If you look closely the glass in the front is different :D :D :D
EVO 3695

Postby WAYNE WRX » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:17 pm

All I can tell you is what my 51 plate WRX and my other mates 51 WRX lights are like, mine was the sedan and his was the Wagon, infact Ive asked another member on my forum who has an 03 WRX and he says that his has to be on full beam for them to work :? :? :?

I know the classic shape lights came on with side lights etc
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:00 am

My Bugeye was a very early model it was on a X plate don't know if it makes any differance, but they were defo fogs & worked on any stage of lights. Also the police confirmed they were fogs when they pulled me a couple of times :lol:
Gee Wr1

Postby EVO 3695 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Explained in photos:
2 with diffused front glass lens
1 with plain front glass lens
EVO 3695

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 pm

WAYNE WRX wrote:I think you will find, all the newage scoobs from Bugeye on to the WR1's have driving lamps not fogs and as such only come on with main beam 8)

Wrong ! :lol:

WRX have fog lights
Standard Sti have no fog or driving lights, WR1 has driving lights

You can fit fog lights that come on with the switch, and you can fit driving lights in the same way, to get the driving lights to work with main beam you need to join the wires loom to suit.....How do I know I have the fitting instuctions for both :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WAYNE WRX » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:34 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:

WRX have fog lights

You can fit fog lights that come on with the switch, and you can fit driving lights in the same way, to get the driving lights to work with main beam you need to join the wires loom to suit.....How do I know I have the fitting instuctions for both :lol:

So what are you saying Subaru wired mine up wrong as well as two others :roll: :roll:
WAYNE WRX

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 pm

WAYNE WRX wrote:

WRX have fog lights

So what are you saying Subaru wired mine up wrong as well as two others :roll: :roll:

No i'm not saying that !

But perhaps whoever brought the cars new ordered then to be fitted with driving lights rather fogs, and they were wired to suit, or even they got smashed and fogs were fitted rather than the more expensive driving light, and the wiring was'nt altered to suit :roll: :roll:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WAYNE WRX » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:34 pm

No i'm not saying that !

But perhaps whoever brought the cars new ordered then to be fitted with driving lights rather fogs, and they were wired to suit, or even they got smashed and fogs were fitted rather than the more expensive driving light, and the wiring was'nt altered to suit :roll: :roll:

I know what your saying mate, this is a strange one, as they do look like fogs on the front at first glance, but the only upgrade I had with mine in the WRX was the seats, as mine had 4 air bags. 2 in the seats and 2 in the dash and so didnt have the bucket seats :roll:

And when I had a chat with some of the other members, theres only come on with main beam too.

Perhaps our cars were made on a monday morning :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
WAYNE WRX

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:38 pm

WAYNE WRX wrote:
No i'm not saying that !

I know what your saying mate, this is a strange one, as they do look like fogs on the front at first glance, but the only upgrade I had with mine in the WRX was the seats, as mine had 4 air bags. 2 in the seats and 2 in the dash and so didnt have the bucket seats :roll:

And when I had a chat with some of the other members, theres only come on with main beam too.

Perhaps our cars were made on a monday morning :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Either way wish mine came on with the full beam :roll: :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Previous

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1