Login    Register

Carbon mudflaps feedback

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Carbon mudflaps feedback

Postby The Swede » Sat May 26, 2007 12:12 pm

I put it up earlier also on the MLR. Thought I'd owe a product feedback. We often slay bad suppliers, I think this guy deserves good feedback!

I fitted the Carbon mudflaps of Scott Lowe last autumn.

The car really needs mudflaps here as they don't use salt on the roads in winter, but they put fine gravel everywhere.
Needless to say that 'peppers' the sides of your car seriously, especially when all the snow melts and you got 7 months of road-'gritting' laying around...

The concern I had was if they'd stand the very low temperatures and if they would not discolour (like my old Prodrive flaps did).

Scott Lowe advised to go for the normal flaps for our climate, but I stubbornly stuck with getting the nicer looking carbon ones, at risk of having 4 wrecked flaps after 8 months.

Result:

I can only say the flaps stood the test very well. We had ice and snow from 13 October until approx mid April and had temperatures upto -42C.
Probably the hardest test these products could endure.
I waxed the car two weeks ago and there is not a single sign of stone damage anywhere on the sides or underneath the car.

The inside of the flaps still looks perfectly OK and the logos stayed on (Scott Lowe faired they might freeze off).

The only 'details' were that I've had to pull all flaps straight as occasional lumps of ice and snow had pulled them out of line. This was a 2 minute job as the brackets are fairly flexible.

Also, one flap has a little crack on the outside. God knows how that got there. Nothing major, although Scott has asked to see some detailed pictures so he can investigate whether any under warranty replacements are to be expected. He's also shipping me a new pair of mudflaps to replace the cracked one. Suppose we can call this good customer care.

Here are some pics just after fitting them (end of October).

And here is one of this week...

The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Not many of his customers will ever use them in minus 42c :shock:
So you will be the ultimate test mule for them :D
Gee Wr1

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun May 27, 2007 12:19 am

"Mule" is the word for Sweede

but a female one :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Wed May 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Let's no go into animals, mr Pooster... I might upset you ! :lol:
The Swede

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed May 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Torrekens wrote:Let's no go into animals, mr Pooster... I might upset you ! :lol:

:?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1