Login    Register

New stereo

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
New stereo

Postby Hammerhead » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:39 pm

So since owning 131,I have been using the original stereo but now is the time to upgrade,who has wot??? And wot is best value for money???Any help appreciated
Hammerhead

Re: New stereo

Postby Hammerhead » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Thinking of the alpine w530 bt anyone got or know anybody who has this????
Hammerhead

Postby Megaman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:56 pm

I went for a pioneer head unit with sat nav mp3 dvd and so on. The main problem is it wont increase the sound quality very much as subarus are light weight and dont have the heavy sound deadening doors and large speakers unless you upgrade them. Most places will try and fill your doors and sell you larger speakers which is fine but for the fronts just make sure the windows still go all the way down at both sides as I met a WRX at the local Shell garage with a window that went down around half way before hitting his speaker :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby ndwall » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 pm

I've got one of these from Halfords: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165655

The issue I have is the aerial is shite, although Halfords claim it would be good enough for most stations the stereo cuts out on stations like Kiss although I do live out here in Norfolk were we drive tractors and all that :)

They also said the speakers in the car are OK and don't need upgrading which is sort of true.

Nick
ndwall

Postby Hammerhead » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Bought a pioneer system from Carl Curtis who unfortunately sold his 1,great sound quality even with the standard front speakers,I do have an under seat amp/sub that I got with it :woohoo:
Hammerhead

Postby WR1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Nice work - I've got an Alpine somin or other in mine with standard speakers. Its awful, fell like wearing my iPhone head phones. Upgrade needed!!
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby Chris B » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 am

Pioneer head unit,and up-rated speakers, CD,RADIO,DVD,SAT-NAV,BLUE-TOOTH,REVERSING CAMERA,I-POD,
I have got the latest model of this now and this one is now in Rosemarys ST, very good unit though.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1