Login    Register

Headlight conversion

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Headlight conversion

Postby Venkman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi guys. Been thinking of upgrading my headlights and was thinking of HIDs but have seen a company in the US who do a projector unit. It's under http://www.specdtuning.com/lh.html and if you scroll down there's a blue blob eye with them fitted. They also do the unit with a silver background which I reckon would be more suited to the 1. What do you reckon to the look and do you know of any local companies who do this sort of thing? Not a clue how much they cost yet just so you know. Cheers
Venkman

Re: Headlight conversion

Postby Megaman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 am

As mentioned before, be aware of the new MOT regulations that make aftermarket light conversions a fail for MOT.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Venkman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Luckily there's no MOT in Guernsey as yet. They have considered bringing it in which would probably be a good thing in the long run given some of the shoddy modded cars over here but for now I'd be safe
Venkman

Postby SteveS » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Venkman wrote:Luckily there's no MOT in Guernsey as yet. They have considered bringing it in which would probably be a good thing in the long run given some of the shoddy modded cars over here but for now I'd be safe

Fook, HID's on a one on Guernsey would light up Jersey too :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Bad taste sorry! Keep your eyes closed on the bends boot down, get boost and pray for grip?. Do they have a straight road on Guernsey? :wtf:
SteveS

Postby Venkman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah we do but it's normally got 10 police traps along it lol. We tend to get a lot of fog over here so they'll be good for cutting through it, plus I take the 1 away to France now and again for a little tickle :lol:
Venkman

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1