Login    Register

After Market Alloys

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
After Market Alloys

Postby simon.r » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Just out of interest - What after market alloys are you using on your WR1s?

What sizes have you gone for? Do 17s suit? What sizes have you gone for?

Cheers Simon
simon.r

Postby davetwr1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 pm

hi simon i will not put after market alloys on my 1.pff7 all the time if they are looking a bit old get them refurbed :nono:
davetwr1

Postby BIG"E" » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 am

davetwr1 wrote:hi simon i will not put after market alloys on my 1.pff7 all the time if they are looking a bit old get them refurbed :nono:

Agreed.
BIG"E"

Postby simon.r » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 pm

But just thinking winter tyres... saves changing tyres over.
simon.r

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:03 pm

where do you live finland :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby simon.r » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:17 am

Just thinking of keeping the prodrive alloys for the summer and replacement set for the winter.

What ET size are the wheels on the WR1s -

I was thinking these.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/wheels-and-tyres-for-sale-446/951841-18-prodrive-wheels-in-anthracite-5x100-et46-with-good-falkens.html
simon.r

Postby Gee Wr1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 pm

The PFF's are 5x100 pcd & et51 offset.
Gee Wr1

Postby simon.r » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 am

Ok if the offset for the PFFs are 51 however the alloys for sale are 48 offset - does that therefore mean a difference of 3mm offset therefore there shouldnt be a reason why the alloys wouldnt fit? Correct -

From what I understand the offset is so important is that it is ultimately responsible for the position of the wheel under the wheel arch. Get it wrong and your wheels can scrub against the bodywork, suspension or at worst not turn at all! Secondly it determines how the suspension and self-centering steering behave. The most obvious problem that will occur if you get it wrong is that the steering will either become so heavy that you can't turn the steering wheel, or so light that you need to spend all your time keeping it in a straight line.

But if the offset is lower on the aftermarket alloys then there shouldnt be too much difference -

Can someone comment -

Im just thinking for some winter alloys.

Cheers Gents.
simon.r

Postby Gary75 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:14 pm

simon.r wrote:Ok if the offset for the PFFs are 51 however the alloys for sale are 48 offset - does that therefore mean a difference of 3mm offset therefore there shouldnt be a reason why the alloys wouldnt fit? Correct -

From what I understand the offset is so important is that it is ultimately responsible for the position of the wheel under the wheel arch. Get it wrong and your wheels can scrub against the bodywork, suspension or at worst not turn at all! Secondly it determines how the suspension and self-centering steering behave. The most obvious problem that will occur if you get it wrong is that the steering will either become so heavy that you can't turn the steering wheel, or so light that you need to spend all your time keeping it in a straight line.

But if the offset is lower on the aftermarket alloys then there shouldnt be too much difference -

Can someone comment -

Im just thinking for some winter alloys.

Cheers Gents.

For the price of some alloy wheels and winter tyres, buy yourself a second hand motor for winter and park the one up :wink:

Have a look at wheeler dealers on YouTube with regards to fitting different speck wheels on a subaru. The lower offset would bring the wheel closer to the brake caliper ? I could be wrong.....
Gary75

Postby simon.r » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 am

The alloys above have since gone - bummer - By the looks of things it might be just a set of new tyres in the up and coming month to see me through winter - shame really.
simon.r

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1