Login    Register

need advice on upgrades for more power

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
need advice on upgrades for more power

Postby wr1ady » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:58 am

hi i need some advice on upgrading my car to get more power what parts will i need to get about 350bhp-400bhp
wr1ady

Postby Chris B » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 am

Exhaust,induction kit,remap,you should get 350bhp,add a turbo,400bhp.
At 400bhp,I would change to a front mounted intercooler just to be a little safer.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby John Mc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 am

The best advice (I can give) is to find someone reputable (and who YOU think you can trust!) and get the whole project warranted by 1 person so you don't have parties blaming each other if it goes wrong! You may have a different Tuning guy to the guy who fits the parts but make sure one person takes overall responsibililty for coordinating the delivery of the service you are looking for.
Loads of people can get you to 400bhp but only a handful will get you there safely and reliably! Do NOT go for the cheapest as it will invariably end up costing you more. Get the best quality parts and service you can afford instead of trying to get the most power for the least outlay!

Of course, you can do whatever you want with your money but look through the mod stories on here as they will make you consider your choices!!

Good luck with the mods !
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby wr1ady » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 am

i have spoke to someone at scoobyclinic who told me to get a full 3" exhaust system with de cats an a induction kit then get the car remaped and i should easily achieve 350bhp for 400bhp he told me to go for a uprated turbo and injectors and a remap. i have spoken to another tuning compony guy told me to get decated exhaust induction kit and a boost controler and remap it he said should get 400bhp
wr1ady

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:06 am

Standard turbo is only good for 380 max if your lucky, who told you you'd get 400bhp ? !

Some so called tuners are full of shit.

Scoobyclinic are right to say 400bhp with uprated turbo.

Speak to Adam of Autotechnica, highly reccomended from several WR1owners on here !

forum/viewforum.php?f=41
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby wr1ady » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 am

what turbo would you guys recommend would i need to change any other bits
wr1ady

Postby Loco2527 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 am

There are loads of turbo choices!

If you don't care about age, spool up times, etc, then 400bhp could probably be achieved with an old TD05 20g turbo. Not ideal by any means though!

Your best bet if you want to keep the price down is to go with one of the Scooby Clinic SC billet range. The billet parts allow it to spool up quickly, and have given great results to people on here. The best thing is that the turbo output rating is in the name (SC36=360bhp, SC46=460bhp). Also, these turbos have been developed as a straight bolt on.

There are other turbos out there, such as the MD series turbos, they are mighty expensive...

As you mentioned before, injectors are a must. The standard airbox and standard tmic should be fine for 400bhp, but I saw something the other day about injectors - in theory, with the pink 550cc injectors we have, if you add a fuel pressure regulator you could see 400bhp. HOWEVER, the guy that did it said he measured his injector flow rate, and they were at 96%... so dangerously close to maxing out. 650cc injectors should see you fine up to
450ish, so they are a must in my opinion...
Loco2527

Postby Azyman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 am

My car runs at about 430bhp for nearly 2 years and has never missed a beat

As above there is many options, I run a RCM 400 it spools up great and stays in through the gears, supporting parts to get it there, injectors 3" decat exhaust, induction kit I chose to have a front mount but it is not necessary

I have only used one company as mentioned tuners do look for reasons other then there work to blame any problems you might have, I used RCM they are not cheap but they do great work and are very customer orientated

Once you start it don't stop so you need deep pockets good luck
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1