Login    Register

Up pipe exhaust

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Up pipe exhaust

Postby reaso » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Thinking for doing a few mods next year just looking for advice, opinions.
Have been looking at fitting decatted exhaust system,uppipe and headers any recommendations not looking for massive gains in horse power as that's all the mods I was thinking off is it worth it,or should I just do exhaust or up pipe and headers or exhaust and up pipe with original headers, car has a standard exhaust and has an ecutek mappable ecu.
Any advice would be appreciated :D
reaso

Postby Megaman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:38 am

I have the RCM full decat exhaust system with silenced centre section on my car. They lead to GT Spec 2 Headers with flow matched uppipe and downpipe. Should help the car breathe better and release some more power with the relevant remap.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby reaso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Cheers for that what sort of bhp would that get with the remap,been looking into them on the internet do you lose the scooby rumble fitting headers,looking for around 350bhp as over that sort of power then may have to upgrade lots of other parts although I am not sure as I have no technical knowledge just going from talking to people,really would just like the car to accelerate quicker up 70mph as nobody goes quicker than that :)
reaso

Postby Megaman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Equal length headers like the gtspec 2 headers on my car keep the subaru burble on tick over but when on full throttle the burble turns into a raw power blat

So you lose burble top end, and when you do, the noise changes completely
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Like Mega, I have RCM full decatted system but without the silenced centre ! Mine's matched to the RCM tubular headers / Uppipe. Burbles only on low revs, however, makes little dogs piss themselves when the revs get up and your head bangs on the headrest !!!

Turbooooooooooooooooo !

Get it mapped to allow for the pops and bangs .... brilliant !
Micktype WR1

Postby WUZ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:43 am

When you speak of the GT Spec 2 headers I assume you mean the SEMI-equal length ones as the equal length ones require the twin-scroll sump and Oil pickup pipe from a 2004- JDM STI of a 2006- 2/5 STi

Equal Length headers will completely lose the burble and make the car sound like an Evo :(
WUZ

Postby WUZ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 am

For 350-380 bhp, keep the OE headers and Uppipe, they will aid spool (and mid-range punch) and will only restrict the car - output wise - once you get over 380bhp.

Headers like the GT Spec ones will give you top end power (and DEFINITELY need 10% extra fuel added into the mid range of the map) but spools up 600 or so rpm later..................... which spoils the VF35's punch in my opinion.
WUZ

Postby Megaman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 pm

WUZ wrote:When you speak of the GT Spec 2 headers I assume you mean the SEMI-equal length ones as the equal length ones require the twin-scroll sump and Oil pickup pipe from a 2004- JDM STI of a 2006- 2/5 STi

Equal Length headers will completely lose the burble and make the car sound like an Evo :(

You do lose the burble under boost but boy does it sound good :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Headers and uppipe

Postby reaso » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks for advice lads,think I will just go for the exhaust with a remap should get around 330ish bhp as I think somebody says unless I go for around 380bhp which i dont want to,you really need them and I do not want to lose the scoobie rumble.
Thanks steve
reaso

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1