Login    Register

My hid kits have arrived today

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
My hid kits have arrived today

Postby mckenzie97k » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:57 am

Well while fitting my mudflaps and splitter I decided I would liketo see while driving out at night and with a couple of trips to visit family up in Scotland I decided the poor light output of the 1 had to be dealt with. A quick online visit to hids4u secured me my dip and main hid kits. I have opted for 6000k colour temp for the dip and 5000k for the main. They have just arrived today and if work is quiet I'll be fitting them today. I used hids4u for the kit in my mitsi warrior and they are the mutts nuts. I have fitted many a kit for the oy racers that come to the garage but they have been plagued with problems with the cheap kits, the quality is superb. It just shows that you really do get what you pay for.
HAD MORE CARS THAN I CAN REMEMBER......
THE BEST WERE ALWAYS THE FAST ONES!

AND NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF A BEAST!
mckenzie97k

Postby mckenzie97k » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:33 am

Well I have only just fitted my hid kits yesterday and I must say what a complete difference to the car, I haveused these kits before and the light output is awesome, butwhati like the most is the way they set the car off.
I have also added crisp White led sidelight bulbs. So no more nasty yellow light from any other than the driving lamps. The ever so slightly bluelightfrom the dip beam goes amazing with the blue car. To those of you that haven't fitted, or are thinking of fitting hid lamps, I highly recommend them.

mckenzie97k

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am

spill the beans then fella...wanted to do this for a while but never got around to do due to moving house and oh yeah wife n 2 kids!

do you mind putting up a few pics and what model kit you got?

It'll be getting super dark up here and was gonna go for these instead of the front mounted cluster...although they do look mean.
CAVEMAN

Postby mckenzie97k » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:40 pm

here you go caveman the pics are not the best, obviously trying to show light, this was one side of the car done. i only have the dip on there and as you can see the laps are clear white. awesome in the dark i will try and get some pics while out at night.
The kits are from hids4u, they are really good a bit more expensive than some other kits around but really good quality.
i went for -dip beam bulb type H1 6000k colour temp, manufacturer standard colour, very slight tinge of blue.

main beam bulb type HB3 5000k colour temp, pure white and the closest to natural light highest light output in lummes.

i hope this helps, let me know if i can help any further

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... hoto-3.jpg

mckenzie97k

Postby mckenzie97k » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:42 pm

[img][img]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/mckenzie97k/photo-3.jpg[/img][/img]

mckenzie97k

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1