Login    Register

Mudflaps and splitter fitted.

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Mudflaps and splitter fitted.

Postby mckenzie97k » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 am

Well I have just fitted my new mudflaps and front splitter, I live in Manchester and both itemsare local to me so no waiting for delivery as I collected. The flaps came from performance creations, in Bolton. I'm sure some of you have already dealt with Ian, what a top bloke. Superb quality and fit, the decals are great. ( black flaps with wr1 decal) I optedfor the kaylan instead of PVC andim very impressed. The fit was excellent and no hassle at all to fit. Although being a mechanic made it easier due to having a ramp, the correct tools all in my box and the skill although it wasn't rocket science. Don think the mrs was to impressed with me keeping the kids up late and making her drive me to ians house so I could navigate. Haha he even let me collect from his house after hours due to my work commitments. What a bloke, defo recommend using him.

Then there was my splitter which I decided to buy as the 1 was in the air on the ramp with no wheels on so I thought hmmm HT Autos are 15 mins away, so I threw the van keys at the young boy that works for me gave home a map and a few quid and sent him on his way. Half hour later I had the splitter in my hands, 10 mins after that it was fixed in place. Another quality part, direct fit , great finish. Looks awesome. Anyway I just wanted to post this to let these two guys who supplied my bits get some credit.

And if someone can advise me in posting a pic I'll stick some up.
And to those who have hinted at an October meet, lets get it sorted I'm up for coming and saying hello.

Thanks guys
HAD MORE CARS THAN I CAN REMEMBER......
THE BEST WERE ALWAYS THE FAST ONES!

AND NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF A BEAST!
mckenzie97k

Postby Matty WR1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:15 am

Use photo bucket or someone similar, then drop the link in :)

We need pics :)
Matty WR1

Postby MUNK » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 am

Glad your happy mate..it's a good look . got the ht autos splitter and wr1 flaps aswell which are getting a bit haggard.. So waiting to see your pictures see if there the same and I'll get my order I'n! 8)
MUNK

Postby mckenzie97k » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:08 am

I this works, my first picture link post.....

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... =photo.jpg

mckenzie97k

Postby Bonovox » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 am

There you go mate, looking smart!

Bonovox

Postby mckenzie97k » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:20 am

That's mint how did you do that. I'm a dab hand with a spannerbut not so great on the computer although I mainly usethe iPhone these days.

mckenzie97k

Postby Bonovox » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:00 pm

In your photobucket click where it says dirct link , it will copy them. Then come on her click the Img button paste the link then click Img again.....I would say simples but I hate that f*ckin Meerkats! :lol:
Bonovox

Postby mckenzie97k » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Magic I'll give that a try with some more, cheers,

mckenzie97k

Postby marchar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Nice flaps :), i got some from the very same place and the service and flaps were great, i have had them on for about two months now and still no problems

I have washed it about 3 times since fitting and done a fair few miles and they are still as good as day 1 so you shouldnt have any problems, mine scrape on the floor when turning sometimes but apart from that its all gravy,

do you have many problems with that splitter, I was contemplating getting one but have encountered two occasions when a splitter would have been ripped straight off !
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby mckenzie97k » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 am

The only time the splitter catches is if I back on my drive at the wrong angle other than that it's fine, the mudflaps don't catch, Ian has obviously encountered this problem in the past with the 1's being lower and had the thought to drill 2 sets of mounting holes so with a bit of looking and testing before I took the wheels off it was decided which holes to use. I have covered about 200 miles over the weekend with no problems.
I'm well happy.

mckenzie97k

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1