Login    Register

defis before dinner

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
defis before dinner

Postby robcole23 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:05 pm

wile waiting for the dinner to cook today i thought i wound spend my new years day constructivlely, so went in the garage got the files and hack saws out and started mounting two more defi gauges. i have got a double pilla pod but thought its lookes a little bit fast and furious. anyway here are the results and please remember its a work in progress.....
what do you all think comments and suggestions welcome
rob cole
robcole23

Postby John Mc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 pm

I don't think they look right in that position mate, just an opinion though! What will you do with the vents if you mount them there?
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby robcole23 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:33 pm

i know exactly what you are saying i thought the same but i just cant bring myself to use a pilla pod, my plan is to set the gauges a bit further back in the pannel then cut the vent fins around the gauge to hold it tight the block the vent off behind the dash
robcole23

Postby Azyman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:I don't think they look right in that position mate, just an opinion though! What will you do with the vents if you mount them there?

i agree and with the pilar mount hard to say where to put them thou
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby Megaman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 pm

I think we need custom made pods now for 5/6 guages when required. I notice you have the shitty standard radio in there still. One way would be to rip that out, replace with a single din unit leaving 1 din (half the height of ya stereo) to fit some guages into but like you say thats ya only other option really. I think you need a Nissan GTR so you can have a computer tft screen showing all sorts of funky stuff that you can flick through - i want the wife to get one so i can play with the tft whilst she potters about lol
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Chris B » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:23 am

I have 5 defis fitted 3 in a pod and 2 on the pillar,it did take me a while to get used to the ones in the pillar as they felt really close to my face but you do get used to it after a while,you've made a good job on your gauges and I like them.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby John Mc » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:18 am

Does the extra weight slow it down at all? :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Does the extra weight slow it down at all? :lol:

Thats why he has had to have all those power mods mate just to keep up with the rest of us ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Re: defis before dinner

Postby eck » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:18 am

robcole23 wrote:wile waiting for the dinner to cook today i thought i wound spend my new years day constructivlely, so went in the garage got the files and hack saws out and started mounting two more defi gauges. i have got a double pilla pod but thought its lookes a little bit fast and furious. anyway here are the results and please remember its a work in progress.....
what do you all think comments and suggestions welcome
rob cole

Like you said Rob, still to be finished but i think a suitable plate/cover to hide the vents and it would look the berries.
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1