Login    Register

Black headlights?

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Black headlights?

Postby Clark » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Has anyone painted the chrome part of their headlights black? (most probably done while de-tango'ing). I've seen loads of blob eye's etc done but never a WR1 and despite playing about in photoshop with mine I still cant decide if it would look good or not? It wasnt untill Wuz suggested it a few months back that i've been thinking about it, but I think the clear look quite suits the light blue?...

This is what I mean:

Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby 500tie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Ive seen it done on a white one and thought it looked really good, and on the guide i used to de-tango my lights there was also the bit on how to do the black bit, The bloke did it on his blue impreza and it looks naff but as the WR1 blue is soo light i think it would look really good as did that white one.
Sooty,
Needs a WR1 now his WRX300 is sold
Or a spec D
500tie

Postby Clark » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 pm

yeah, painting them would be a piece of piss but my only concern is that the top half would look too black compared to the bottom? I'd have the carbon grill (which looks black most of the time) and headlights but the crome mesh grill on the bottom with the driver lamps...

It's amazing, the car's been locked away for the last month or so and I wont see it again till at leat March/April and I'm still spending money and thinking of little things to do to it for when its back on the road :roll: :lol:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby 500tie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Try photoshopping it with the black prodrive front lower grille might look evil.

My scoob was supposed to be coming off the road a month or 2 ago but i ended up keeping it on the road much to my disgust with all the salt and crud all over the underside now :(
However ive never been more grateful this morning had to go into town to get the wifes xmas prezzies and i was the only one that could get out of the village i live in due to the big hill, and copious amounts of snow. :D :D

Ive also just noticed that you have a black lower splitter so it might look fine mate
Sooty,
Needs a WR1 now his WRX300 is sold
Or a spec D
500tie

Postby Bonovox » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:24 pm

I think as you say the clear look suits the blue, I personaly think the black looks shite but each to their own.
Bonovox

Postby hightower » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:50 pm

the snow is just too much fun to lock the wr1 away
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby zedder » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

clarke i think it will look cool :thumb: if you do decide to get it done then post a pic !! so we can all decide to copy you!! lol :wink:
zedder

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1