Login    Register

ECU upgrade

What bits are you adding to your car? A Map ? a Induction Kit ?
Tell us more...

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
ECU upgrade

Postby Dufnut » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

hi all i need to tune/remap my wr1 but not sure whats the best way togo

i have looked at just getting a normal remap for about £500 or get a new hks fcon v-pro ecu with all the extras and that works out at £2000 ?

tbh i dont know what difrences it will make between the 2 so if anyone has any input please help a noob out hehe.
Dufnut

Postby Gee Wr1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Depends how much your planning in mods really. Remapping the standard ecu with Ecutek will be fine till you start chasing big figures 450bhp upwards.
Aftermarket ecu's is a bit of a minefield as there are so many differant ones to choose from. With HKS stuff i feel you sometimes pay a bit more for the name. Aftermarket ecu's can also give you extras like Anti lag & Launch control.

If your just going mild on the upgrades i'd just remap standard one & save the cash. All depends what your plans are in the long term, if you are going to go for high numbers in the future you will be better changing now rather than spending the money on remaps & the liecense fee (initial one of cost) remapping the standard one then having to pay out on another ecu & remaps on it later down the line.
Gee Wr1

Postby Dufnut » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

thanks i think ill go with the stadard for now then and that will give me more cash for my front mounted intercooler and induction kit
Dufnut

Return to Tuning and styling On the WR1