Login    Register

rear shockers

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
rear shockers

Postby WR1 IMPOSTER 2! » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Ok guys,
Really need your help here. Took my 05 WRX in for a service at a main dealers - BIG mistake! cost me £373 and it came back covered in oily hand prints.
However, the really bad news was when they said that it needed a new shocker on the back. Now, this car has been over serviced - current mileage is 22k and I had just had the 30k one done. It has been cossetted by the 1st owner and I have done the same.
Am I really to expect subaru shocks to fail at this mileage? I argued this point at the garage but although clearly embarrased they would not budge an inch - "out of warranty, tough shit" basically.
Question is, is it worth persuing as a manufacterers fault? Have any of you guys had shocks fail this early?
Prior to this car I had a bugeye on a 52 plate and had to change the rear shocks on that also.
Oh, but the garage were really helpful and said they would only charge me £360 to relpace - just the one !!!!!
Any advice would be really useful.
Thanks

Tim.
WR1 IMPOSTER 2!

Postby rocko » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Shock ..! really common fault ....

mine are knockin .. i took mine up with dealer my car is over serviced too... they should replace them as a good will jester... put pressure on ... or come to some arangement .. but they WILL go again.. so i wolud go for replacement coilovers

hope this helps
rocko

Postby WR1 IMPOSTER 2! » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks for getting back to me rocko.
You say yours is over serviced too? So, how many miles before the dreaded knock?
Given the likelyhood of any good will jester is gonna be about.......ZERO!, what would you suggest as a reliable replacement? If you're right about the Subaru jobs being prone to failing (and i've no reason to doubt that!)i don't wanna be in this position in three years time!
Could you recommend a good make? What sorta price should I be lookin at? - don't want much do I?!!!!

Thanks again for getting back to me. much appreciated.

Tim.
WR1 IMPOSTER 2!

Postby Megaman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:29 am

my shocks are knocking at the moment - trying to find a spare weekend to get somewhere to get coil overs fitted...
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby rocko » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:42 pm

WR1 IMPOSTER 2! wrote:Thanks for getting back to me rocko.
You say yours is over serviced too? So, how many miles before the dreaded knock?
Given the likelyhood of any good will jester is gonna be about.......ZERO!, what would you suggest as a reliable replacement? If you're right about the Subaru jobs being prone to failing (and i've no reason to doubt that!)i don't wanna be in this position in three years time!
Could you recommend a good make? What sorta price should I be lookin at? - don't want much do I?!!!!

Thanks again for getting back to me. much appreciated.

Tim.

TBH mate really depends on your buget.. but cheak these out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZA-WR ... 286.c0.m14

My next move is to get new ones off subaru .. then replace the whole lot with EXE -TC

then sell the new subaru ones ..

yeh over serviced buy more stamps than needed ... due to the miles i do very low

cheers
rocko

Return to Tech Help