Login    Register

Bulb Help

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Bulb Help

Postby Grimson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Just wondering what the best bulbs are?
Want to upgrade everything since HID lights are pretty expensive and don't fancy doing a HID conversion to my current lights as I am not sure about the legality of it.

Just to confirm the WR1 has H1 and HB3 for dip and full?
What are the side lights (W5W?) and driving lights?

Oh and off topic are the PIAA wipers good, worth getting ones with spoiler? Mine sound like nails on a blackboard right now!

Cheers!
Grimson

Postby Gee Wr1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm the same wondering about going as far as HID kits if i could get a good set of bulbs. It's only really the dipped main beam ones i feel need replacing i'm quite happy with the rest. I did get a set from Scoobyparts that claimed to be 25% brighter but they are crap! Ok they weren't expensive so its like everything else you get what you pay for.

Can highly recommend the PIAA wipers though they're really good & leave a coating on the screen that makes the water run of like it does if you'd used RainX or similar on your screen. Got the spoiler on drivers side. Again got them from www.scoobyparts.com
Gee Wr1

Postby Grimson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 pm

I was told that it is illegal to put HID bulbs in a headlight that is not designed for HID and that I should buy whole new headlights with HID built in as standard.

If thats just bullshit then I might get just a low conversion but want to play it safe. Don't want any problems with cops or mot.

Will get those wipers though for sure 8)
Grimson

Postby rocko » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Well i got a full HID converstion ... i had no prob ..

MOT fine .. much better than normal bulbs

Also de tango'd looks mint ... pics to follow
rocko

Postby Grimson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Nice, if you could post some shots under the hood so I can see where you put everything and how it is wired that would be great.

Also any links to what you bought would be good!

Cheers
Grimson

Postby rocko » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:39 pm

ok no worries .. i took out head lights ...to do a tidy job i hiden balasts under head light ..

If you buy them off a bidding site... MAKE sure they come with a fused relay kit .. in with the deal .. you will need this ..
rocko

Postby Grimson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for the tips. 8)
Grimson

Postby robwils » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:59 pm

I've got a HID kit that I'm just about to put up for sale, haven't even opened up box yet. Bought via scoobynet, I'll post up link if your interested. :D

Reason I'm selling is that I've bought an extended subaru warranty and now I've had hassle with my other car wrt to warranty I want to leave it standard so they can't argue should something arise.
:?

Rob
robwils

Return to Tech Help