Login    Register

Link Lem G3 ECU

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Link Lem G3 ECU

Postby wr1_gav » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:06 pm

I am currently thinking of buying one of these ecus for my wr1,i am just woundering if anybody has this ecu on a similar car or a newage STI and what sort of gains you got from it and what power increases?.. my setup at the minute is just a full 3" turbo back decat and a green panel filter thats it.rest is standard WR1.

thanks
Join the Elite
wr1_gav

Postby marky mark » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:46 am

you will get minimum gains by just changing the ECU, and at that level if you need a remap you may as well just Ecutek.

If you plan on going further in the future and want to change your ECU now, then of course you will save yourself a bit of money in the future. The Link stuff is not really flavour of the month, there are better options around in cost and functionality. All round you will struggle to get a better deal than you can for a Simtek if you want a decent ECU.
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby wr1_gav » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm

has people had problems with the Link ecus? i have looked at the Ecutek and been told that a 20-30 hp power increase,would that be about right??

thanks
Join the Elite
wr1_gav

Postby marky mark » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:39 am

Not on it's own no.

you already have a decat that will release most of that power, you really should have it mapped to suit and optimise the fuelling, for safety purposes as much as anything. The link ECU's (although not sure about the G3 which is the new one) were infamous for cold start and cold running/low down issues.
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby danr55 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 am

PM or email Bob Rawle and ask him. He was telling me about this system at the weekend, and rates it :wink:
danr55
Site Owner

Return to Tech Help