ARB

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
ARB

Postby pav » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 am

Hi

hope you all had a good christmas

going to fit some whiteline goodies to the 1 next week but have a couple of questions,

1. I've been recommended the 24mm adj ARB for the rear and just to leave the front as it is, but after a few searches have read that it may be a bit too stiff and the oversteer becomes snappy, so in your experience will I be better with the 22mm adj or is the 24mm the way forward?

2. will I need to uprate the droplinks? If so do I need front and rear or just the rear?

I'm also getting ALK and geometry set up

Thanks

Pav
pav

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am

I have the whiteline front/rear arb's 22m, drop links, alk.

Depending on the setting on the rear before I had the front arb fitted, it was fitted on the softer setting, but soon put it to the stiffer setting and had no snatchy oveersteer, but that's on 22

When fitted the arb to front it was put stait on the hard setting, still never had a problem with snacthy oversteer, depends more so on your driving stlye.
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby pav » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:57 pm

In your opinion 1mposter, were the mods worthwhile?
pav

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Yes :D

Opinions differ but sorting your suspension and brakes should be one of the first improvements you should do. Although I went for power first :lol:

The car is no slouch in standard form, but improving the above will give you more confidence in the car, as the suspension set-up leaves alot to be desired, especially the understeer. The brakes are average and can be improved rather than changed, better pads and braided hoses will improve.

But where do you stop :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby ScoobyDan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Bro was advised that the WR1 had pretty good drop links as standard when he had ARB's fitted so he didn't bother upgrading them but I seem to recall they failed within weeks so probably best to uprate them at the same time as the ARB's.
I will also be fitting uprated ARB's and an anti-lift kit in the New Year but might go for Perrin rather than Whiteline if I can find a decent price.
I agree with 1mposter regarding the braided hoses, they are a really worthwhile upgrade for relatively little cash :)
ScoobyDan

Postby pav » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:21 pm

cheers guys, already have ds2500 pads and goodridge lines, what a difference.

I like the Perrin stuff, does look a lot smarter than the Whiteline gear, but Whiteline have such a good name.

Power will be later on, next few months though, in time for the summer and shows.
pav

Return to Tech Help