Login    Register

Fuel pump assembly problems ??!!

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Fuel pump assembly problems ??!!

Postby rally_driver » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 am

Having a few running problems lately, generally running rough/irratic idling at standstill & spluttering on start up. Also had the engine totally cut out on me whilst doing 45mph but managed to start it again without getting shunted!!
Engine light came on so had the fault diagnosed at KT Greens as `Fuel pump control assembly` needs replacing & gonna cost £250 !!
Only just out of warranty,got 13k on clock & serviced 3 wks ago so went for the `good will gesture` but not having it at Subaru!
Anyone else had similar problems or any ideas if anything else might need looking at as I`m not very technical??

Any advice much appreciated ! :thumb:
rally_driver

Postby marky mark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:55 am

I have never ever heard of this as a failure.

The pumps yes, but the control assembly no. I assume they mean the electrical stuff that sits above the pump in the tank?
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby rally_driver » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Not sure exactly which part of the pump regulator assembly they mean ?? Gonna cost £180 for the part plus half hr to fit if that helps!

Sales bloke didn`t sound convinced it wud sort the problem tho so I`ll see what happens on Saturday when I take it to Subaru !!
rally_driver

Postby marky mark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:19 pm

if its the pump and they want to charge you £180 for it, the exact same pump is avaliable for £80 from loads of places.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby danr55 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:59 pm

marky mark wrote:if its the pump and they want to charge you £180 for it, the exact same pump is avaliable for £80 from loads of places.

you could possibly get an uprated pump for £80 which might support future mods too?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby marky mark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:01 pm

danr55 wrote:
marky mark wrote:if its the pump and they want to charge you £180 for it, the exact same pump is avaliable for £80 from loads of places.

you could possibly get an uprated pump for £80 which might support future mods too?

You could, but not for £80. You would be into Bosch ones then. The standard WR1 item is a 255 LPH Walbro, good for 420 ish BHP.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby rally_driver » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:48 pm

More problems!! Subaru fitted fuel pump assembly regulator today & fault still showing on diagnostic machine!!
They now think it`s alarm related with the fuel pump cutting off issue I keep experiencing so trying a new alarm ECU on Monday !!

Apparently it shows up on the diagnostics as same code ???

Anyone had similar problems as I`ve got a feeling they`re `scratching their heads` !!! :bang:
rally_driver

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:52 am

Get them to check the vvt sensor this causes a misfire

Ours as just gone, only 4 have been known to have failed and these were all in the last 6 months !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Return to Tech Help