Login    Register

help needed please...

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby Gazman2054 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:59 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
Gazman2054 wrote:
WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Thought any damage to the rear quarter was deemed there fault :?

If your entering a roundabout or on a roundabout you are responsable for everybody around you as they are for you apparently and all crashes are deemed 50/50 so i've been told by a guy from an insurance company.
Which i think is a load of bollocks in my eyes.
Looking back i just wish someone had see her hit me and stopped...

I was hit last year on a roudabout, by the rear door, the bloke said at the time it was his fault, but since insurance have been involved he has not responded to any of his own insurance's letters!
Hence our like for like "Bristol&London" who we used because of our non-fault are now taking him/them to court. At no time has anyone stated the above.....Are you sure your insurance are operating in your best interest, or just anything for a easy life for them, less paperwork etc !

The insurance have now handed it to the court as she kept telling them i hit her and she wont change her story even though the insurance have seen the damage she caused the rear quater of our car.
They said if she wont back down theres nothing they can do.
We got a letter from the courts saying they wanted us to go all the way to a court in Leeds and we live in Hull.
So we told them were not going 70miles to leeds and we haven heared from them for about 3 month now even though we keep chaseing them up :?
Gazman2054

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:24 pm

My mate owns a Crash repair, and deals with insurance's etc!

Told him your scenario, and he said if your exit is not clear and you stop on a roundabout, because and the third party comes out of another exit looking right, and enters because nothing is coming .....and then hits you while your stationary it very likely it will be your fault :shock:
Something like your not suppose to enter a roundabout unless your exit is clear :? :? :?

Tell that to every fecker on the road !

Makes you wonder thou !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Gazman2054 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:47 am

Nothing is as simple as is sounds these days mate.
Thing is my exit was clear and i did'nt slow down.
The roundabout is on a 40MPH piece of road and you can get round it at about 30ish.
Its a fast traffic roundabout and it 3 lanes wide.
So you really have to watch whats going on or you end up coming a cropper
There are about 3 or 4 crashes a week on this roundabout these days.
I was coming on one side and leaving on the opposite side.
As i was just pulling out the woman though there was a gap and went for it.
Thing is she did'nt see me.
So as im pulling off she slammed into the rear quater and spun me though 180 degrees.
If there had been any traffic in front of me that had been slow moving it would of been a right off.
Gazman2054

Postby MaverickUK82 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 am

I know this was years ago, but did it get sorted out? (The crash, insurance, etc...)
MaverickUK82

Previous

Return to Tech Help