Login    Register

Dump Valve

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Dump Valve

Postby wr1500 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:19 am

Is fitting one of these worth while, i have heard that the standard Sudaru one is as good if not better than any other after market one. The only down side being you dont get the noise. If it is better to replace can anyone recommend one? a recirculating or atmospheric what is a good Brand?
wr1500

Re: Dump Valve

Postby marky mark » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:21 pm

wr1500 wrote:Is fitting one of these worth while, i have heard that the standard Sudaru one is as good if not better than any other after market one. The only down side being you dont get the noise. If it is better to replace can anyone recommend one? a recirculating or atmospheric what is a good Brand?

As far as having to change it cos its needed, then dont bother. There is no performance gain whatsoever. The standard one is absolutely fine until you are running big BHP and boost. when you get to that point the diaghpragms in them can leak and you are then safer changing to a quality aftermarket re-circ. forge do a nice one.

If you want to go chav-tastic and put a VTA on, then there is a massive choice. ignore the horror stories about blowing engines/bore wash whatever as its tosh and they wont do any harm. some can cause a little bit of part throttle issues but thats about it.

The HKS ssqv is very popular (and pretty loud) and most people say they have no running issues with them. The turbosmart range looks quite good as well and have a lot of different volumes and noises avaliable. some are adjustable and you may be able to iron out any little niggly running issues.

IMHO though, you have a lovely car that most people look up too and admire. Why oh why do you want it to sound like knacked Renault5 turbo driven by a 17 year old? your next step after a VTA is red mudflaps and a chip slicer rear spoiler to complete the image :cuckoo:
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby wr1500 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:11 pm

Thanks for your help mate, i total agree with your statement at then end. It was just that everyone fits them, i thought they must improve your motor, but my car is standard so i will leave it. Thanks.
wr1500

Postby stijoy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:32 pm

:thumb: my sentiments exactly :ok:
stijoy

Return to Tech Help