Login    Register

Wastegate

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Wastegate

Postby wr1500 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:15 pm

I have just returned for two weeks leave from iraq so looking forward to driving, sorry i mean ragging my car about :lol: . Jumped in it started straight away but my engine warning light came on stayed on :( ! not good. I rang subaru assistance and within 12 hours there was a guy looking at my car. He plugged in his little gizzmo (oh er) it told him the wastegate was at fault. Upon inspection the three small pipes coming from around that area where all perished only had completely come away! Took it to the dealer soon as i could and they give me the usual, " oh never know this happen before" that was what i got when i took it back for a cracked windscreen aswell. Anyway that was on monday and they have had my car every since, just received a phone call saying the pipes, the three small pipes would be in on friday! cant belive it, without my car for five days. It takes five days to order three pishy pipes. SHOCKING :twisted:. there goes my fun and i do believe that they are wanting me to pay for these pipes. I should have bought some uprated ones and fitted them myself. :cry:
wr1500

Postby stijoy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:43 pm

these 3 pipes are not the same ones that we all had to have replaced earlier in the year :?:
stijoy

Postby Gee Wr1 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:46 pm

DO NOT PAY ANYTHING FOR THE PIPES!!!

There was a recall on all WR1's to have these pipes replaced under warrenty. A number of owners found these pipes perishing or spliting.
Can't remember but think it was end of last year start of this year that the recall was. It's not a big job think my dealer took around half a hour to do it.
Gee Wr1

Postby Gee Wr1 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:48 pm

stijoy wrote:these 3 pipes are not the same ones that we all had to have replaced earlier in the year :?:

Yep it was the wastgate boost solinoid pipes we all had done.
Gee Wr1

Postby stijoy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:53 pm

Gee Wr1 wrote:
stijoy wrote:these 3 pipes are not the same ones that we all had to have replaced earlier in the year :?:

Yep it was the wastgate boost solinoid pipes we all had done.

i thought it was but seeing as i am not technical did not want to get it wrong, if it is these pipes, do not pay, these will be covered under warranty, no payment involved.
stijoy

Return to Tech Help