Login    Register

help with defi gauges please

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
help with defi gauges please

Postby swiss tone » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Anyone got the 3 defi gauges and controller?

Just bought 181!

Got basic instruction sheet but never had them before so anyone give me some pointers please.

The boost warning is set to buzz/red light at 1 bar. This comes on at only 4k revs when accelerating hard so a bit low in my view. The sheet explained how to change it and I changed to warn at 1.5 bar. Problem is, it doesn't keep the setting when I've turned the ignition off? Is there a way of keeping it as seems tedious to do that every time. :?:
I would have thought it should have a continuous feed like a stereo but not certain?

I can add a pic of the controller if helps?

It's got a Andy Forest dual map, standard or high boost. Anyone know if the map would cap the boost so couldn't do damage? I.e. 1.7 max? It spins up so fast, it's hard to keep an eye on the gauge! As I've never had a gauge before, I just drove by max revs but the gauge make you paranoid I'm running it up too high! 1.5 I would have thought is a good safe figure?
swiss tone

Re: help with defi gauges please

Postby Azyman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi I have defi gauge seems wiered mine stay set unless the battery is disconnected
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Re: help with defi gauges please

Postby swiss tone » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks Geoff! I think it was been wired in wrong then. I would have thought the continuous feed should be wired into the clock so would keep the settings. Looks like i'm going to have to see if can mod it. Souldn't be too difficult if clock wiring under the pod. cheers
swiss tone

Return to Tech Help