Login    Register

Wheel alignment?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Wheel alignment?

Postby weirdfish » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Going to get the alignment checked on the WR1, just me being anal.
Powerstation are probably closest to me, are they still the boys to go and get it done at, also, I've been reading some horror stories of people having it done at garages that don't have the right info, anyone know what it should be for standard road use.
weirdfish

Re: Wheel alignment?

Postby scoobychris555 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 pm

weirdfish wrote:Going to get the alignment checked on the WR1, just me being anal.
Powerstation are probably closest to me, are they still the boys to go and get it done at, also, I've been reading some horror stories of people having it done at garages that don't have the right info, anyone know what it should be for standard road use.

Im not sure what standard is but mine felt well out so I took it and had a fast road setup which feels pretty amazing.
scoobychris555

Postby weirdfish » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:25 pm

All sorted now, the guys seem to know what they're talking about.
weirdfish

Postby Gary75 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 pm

[quote="weirdfish"]All sorted now, the guys seem to know what they're talking about.[/quote

Did you go to Powerstation? If so what have they dialed in
Gary75

Postby weirdfish » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Gary75 wrote:
weirdfish wrote:All sorted now, the guys seem to know what they're talking about.[/quote

Did you go to Powerstation? If so what have they dialed in

Did indeed go to powerstation, this is the printout of the settings.
I questioned whether there was an exact set-up for the WR1, they said that they set them up from knowledge base of having done so many, and feedback from customers etc.
But if you look at the final settings, they're not far off the tech service bulletin that was posted on here a while ago.

weirdfish

Postby Gary75 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Yes looking at yours, mine is very similar with a few slight differences.
Gary75

Postby mossy1283 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Just out of interest how much does this cost? I'm looking at going up there to get my car remapped and serviced so might get them to have a look at the alignment too.
mossy1283

Postby weirdfish » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 pm

mossy1283 wrote:Just out of interest how much does this cost? I'm looking at going up there to get my car remapped and serviced so might get them to have a look at the alignment too.

Without getting the invoice out I think it was about £90, if I was you I'd try and get a deal for all of it, if you're having the car mapped and serviced then be cheeky and ask for the alignment to be chucked in, or at least half price.
Let me know when you're up, might pop over and have a nose at your car, if you don't mind.
weirdfish

Postby mossy1283 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:16 pm

weirdfish wrote:
mossy1283 wrote:Just out of interest how much does this cost? I'm looking at going up there to get my car remapped and serviced so might get them to have a look at the alignment too.

Without getting the invoice out I think it was about £90, if I was you I'd try and get a deal for all of it, if you're having the car mapped and serviced then be cheeky and ask for the alignment to be chucked in, or at least half price.
Let me know when you're up, might pop over and have a nose at your car, if you don't mind.

Yeah I think I will try to get it done for free, hopefully they will! I'll let you know when I'm going, it might be just before xmas now as I'm fairly busy and the car has all the bumpers off etc being deep cleaned and being put back to standard.
mossy1283

Return to Tech Help