Login    Register

Battery / remote key fob query

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Battery / remote key fob query

Postby Bonovox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Not that mechanically minded so bare with me :?
My remote is temperamental, both have new batteries but it can take a good few presses to get them to open/lock the doors. (standing in a car park pressed up against the drivers window for ages looks very suspicious :lol:)
It got so bad the other day that I couldn't get the door to lock. Although the car started before hand no problem I suspected my battery was starting to lose charge so I took it out and charged it, put it back in and the remotes work no problem again. This has happened before so I take it there is a correlation between the car battery going flat and the ability for the remotes to work?
Bonovox

Re: Battery / remote key fob query

Postby SteveS » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Bonovox wrote:Not that mechanically minded so bare with me :?
My remote is temperamental, both have new batteries but it can take a good few presses to get them to open/lock the doors. (standing in a car park pressed up against the drivers window for ages looks very suspicious :lol:)
It got so bad the other day that I couldn't get the door to lock. Although the car started before hand no problem I suspected my battery was starting to lose charge so I took it out and charged it, put it back in and the remotes work no problem again. This has happened before so I take it there is a correlation between the car battery going flat and the ability for the remotes to work?

Is the battery getting on in years? that could be the problem, many owners say that driving the WR1 with the lights on makes the alternator work efficiently and keeps the battery charge in good health. Lets us know how you get on.
SteveS

Postby Bonovox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:03 pm

SteveS wrote:

Is the battery getting on in years? that could be the problem, many owners say that driving the WR1 with the lights on makes the alternator work efficiently and keeps the battery charge in good health. Lets us know how you get on.

It's the same battery since I got the car about 5 years ago. I do drive with the side lights on at all times too, think it drains quite quickly as I don't do that many miles in the car, usually a few smaller journeys a week or maybe my battery has a duff cell :confused:
Bonovox

Postby SteveS » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Change the battery mate. It has given good service after 5 years.
SteveS

Postby scoobychris555 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:19 pm

SteveS wrote:

This ^^. I too have a battery problem recently and was told the same. I have had a brand new alternator and I had a bosch battery on there, im not sure for how long though so I had a new battery last week and got told its best to keep a load on while im driving. All seems fine now. Hope you get it sorted.
scoobychris555

Return to Tech Help