Login    Register

Paint colour match?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Paint colour match?

Postby Paulb022 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi all,
Has anybody any advice or experiences of colour match problems for the WR1 colour?
I have had my two driving light surrounds re-painted due to me removing a protective film without heating it up, and removing some paint, but the colour is too dark. They used the correct code I believe, but should it always the matched to the car?? Is this normal or just a bad garage/job?!
Paul :?
Paulb022

Re: Paint colour match?

Postby Clark » Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm

There should be no excuse for it not matching, any half decent bodyshop should get a perfect match - make them do it again!
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Gary75 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:32 am

Paulb022 wrote:Hi all,
Has anybody any advice or experiences of colour match problems for the WR1 colour?
I have had my two driving light surrounds re-painted due to me removing a protective film without heating it up, and removing some paint, but the colour is too dark. They used the correct code I believe, but should it always the matched to the car?? Is this normal or just a bad garage/job?!
Paul :?

Although the colour code is to match the original paint colour from new, pollutants, the sun etc all fade and change the colour slightly over the years? i would assume any professional bodyshop would adjust and match the colour accordingly :?

You will find touch up pens are also darker in colour.
Gary75

Postby Shane » Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 am

Gary75 wrote:
Although the colour code is to match the original paint colour from new, pollutants, the sun etc all fade and change the colour slightly over the years? i would assume any professional bodyshop would adjust and match the colour accordingly :?

You will find touch up pens are also darker in colour.

Indeed, I remember at a gathering at the Prodrive factory a couple of years ago with 20 odd WR1's lined up you could see some of the cars were darker then others.
Shane

Return to Tech Help