Login    Register

cd auto changer location

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
cd auto changer location

Postby Tomg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

recently i bort a cd changer off ebay its a genuine kenwood subaru one etc, i just cannot for my life figure out how or where it gets mounted in the boot if anybody could post a pic i would be really greatfull cheers
Tomg

Re: cd auto changer location

Postby Gary75 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi and welcome, there is a small tray under the drivers seat which contains some WR1 goodies and you can mount the disc changer there? or better still forget the disc changer and go for i pod connection instead, this is mounted behind the plaque next the cig lighter :D

Hope this helps................................. :woohoo:
Gary75

Postby Tomg » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Brilliant thanks, I had just put it under the passengers seat, I like the autochanger because the cd would just skip and jump over any little bump and wanted to keep the car nice and standard
Tomg

Postby Gary75 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm

:shock:
Gary75

Postby delrodney » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Gary75 wrote:Hi and welcome, there is a small tray under the drivers seat which contains some WR1 goodies and you can mount the disc changer there? or better still forget the disc changer and go for i pod connection instead, this is mounted behind the plaque next the cig lighter :D

interesting.......
i have a standard head unit connected to a 6 disc autochanger, which is in the left side of the boot.
i have been considering replacing the head unit and/or disconnecting the autochanger to replace it with an ipod connection.......is there such a connection behind the plaque?
thanks
Trev
Your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash!
WR #47
delrodney

Postby Gary75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 am

delrodney wrote:
Gary75 wrote:Hi and welcome, there is a small tray under the drivers seat which contains some WR1 goodies and you can mount the disc changer there? or better still forget the disc changer and go for i pod connection instead, this is mounted behind the plaque next the cig lighter :D

interesting.......
i have a standard head unit connected to a 6 disc autochanger, which is in the left side of the boot.
i have been considering replacing the head unit and/or disconnecting the autochanger to replace it with an ipod connection.......is there such a connection behind the plaque?
thanks

I was joking.... Boys and girls don't go ripping the plaque off.... :shock: no iPod connection behind :bang:
Gary75

Postby Azyman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Haha I must admit I did have a look under my drivers seat :D
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby Gary75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Azyman wrote:Haha I must admit I did have a look under my drivers seat :D

I did to, when the joke was on me :lol: :lol:
Gary75

Postby Tomg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I nearly went and checked aswell, if anyone fancys puttin a pic up I'd appreciate it, got it loose under the passenger seat, do I need to drill the brackets in the boot or are there mounting points? Cheers people
Tomg

Postby gsi johns » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Ive got one in the boot which was already there and its got Velcro on the bottom and Velcro strips on the carpet and sits and doesn't move at all.
Saves drilling anywhere just need to run the cable from the head unit to the boot - Good luck with that one :-)
gsi johns

Postby Tomg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:12 pm

At last a decent answer to my question, is that the same for everyone else? My autochanger had brackets on it which looked like it got mounted under the rear shelf. That's why I was wondering if anyone had any pics so I could see if it attached with the brackets without drilling, just got it under the seat at the moment and it's moving around wana get it in the boot but just not having any joy from the forums, even tried looking at cars for sale on eBay to see if they had them fitted, I would really appreciate your help on this cheers guys
Tomg

Postby scoops » Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 pm

hey there guys,,,, i recently removed my changer / wiring and mounting bracket ( which is located under the shelf on the left hand side of the boot) the bracket has the boot light connects into it too.
i sold them last week for £20 :(
scoops

Return to Tech Help