Login    Register

rubbing noise from rear end

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
rubbing noise from rear end

Postby davey boy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm

hi all...had my one out yesturday (first time since i bought her in july last year) and i have noticed when driving slow on a slightly off camber road surface or turning a slow thight corner (diff in auto mode) im getting a rubbing sensation coming from the rear...on flat straight road surfaces it fine...only way i can describe the feeling you get under foot when walking on fresh snow lol. all the brakes are free and wheels turn fine when jacked up...just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing or could point me in the wright direction as to what it could be, cheers
davey boy

Re: rubbing noise from rear end

Postby SteveS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:32 pm

An outside chance, but I had the same just before Christmas. The rubber trim on my offside rear wheel arch had come adrift and was rubbing on the tyre when going around a bend.
SteveS

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:42 pm

davey boy wrote:hi all...had my one out yesturday (first time since i bought her in july last year) and i have noticed when driving slow on a slightly off camber road surface or turning a slow thight corner (diff in auto mode) im getting a rubbing sensation coming from the rear...on flat straight road surfaces it fine...only way i can describe the feeling you get under foot when walking on fresh snow lol. all the brakes are free and wheels turn fine when jacked up...just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing or could point me in the wright direction as to what it could be, cheers

Could be a problem I had, rear disc back plate touching the disc when cornering, the back plate corrodes over time, usually happens when you fit new brake discs, the only remedy if this is the problem? is to remove the disc and grind the lower part of the back plate. See my other post regarding this.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14386
Gary75

Postby Smasher » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 am

I had the same as Gary rear disks had been replaced and that was the problem, the brake shield rubbing, i think the garage just bent it back, all been great since.
WR1 all the way!!
Smasher

Postby asperformance » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 pm

common for the rear backing plates to distort and corrode with age, they obviously wear with the disc as this happens so when a new one is fitted this instantly causes noise...............
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Return to Tech Help