Login    Register

Wr1 decat....cat help?!?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Wr1 decat....cat help?!?

Postby Super si » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Has the wr1 got a sports cat as standard being prodrive or got one cat or two?? Getting a decat so just trying to get my head around it all, thanks
Super si

Re: Wr1 decat....cat help?!?

Postby Daz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:13 pm

it's just got a sports cat and the second cat replaced with a straight pipe , all you need is a 3 inch turbo back system
Daz

Postby Megaman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Super si wrote:Has the wr1 got a sports cat as standard being prodrive or got one cat or two?? Getting a decat so just trying to get my head around it all, thanks

I thought there were 2 cats in total, one in the downpipe or uppipe and one in the 2.5" prodrive exhaust system. Could be wrong though..

For a full flowing exhaust system you should have full 3" system with flow matched uppipe and downpipe. Headers add a lot of power especially unequal length ones but you will lose the subaru burble when on boost. Off boost you can still tell its a subaru approaching, ive got unequal length headers and mine sounds like an angry wasp when on boost - rather awesome if i must say so myself :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Megaman wrote:
Super si wrote:Has the wr1 got a sports cat as standard being prodrive or got one cat or two?? Getting a decat so just trying to get my head around it all, thanks

I thought there were 2 cats in total, one in the downpipe or uppipe and one in the 2.5" prodrive exhaust system. Could be wrong though..

For a full flowing exhaust system you should have full 3" system with flow matched uppipe and downpipe. Headers add a lot of power especially unequal length ones but you will lose the subaru burble when on boost. Off boost you can still tell its a subaru approaching, ive got unequal length headers and mine sounds like an angry wasp when on boost - rather awesome if i must say so myself :lol:

The only cat on a WR1 is the downpipe, there are 2 cats on STI's !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Megaman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
Megaman wrote:

The only cat on a WR1 is the downpipe, there are 2 cats on STI's !

Ah that makes sense, must of been the bruv in laws wrx that had 2 cats
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Super si » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Cheers all, I will have a word with tony banks to wip it out then :D
Super si

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 pm

the cat is actualy part of the downpipe so if you are having it cut out and a new pipe made to fit wouldn't you be better buying a 2.5 inch decat downpipe to match the rest of your system ? then sell the prodrive downpipe for a few quid or keep it for test time , don't forget to remap once it's decatted aswell .
Daz

Return to Tech Help