Login    Register

Engine management light problems

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Engine management light problems

Postby CAR133N » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi guys, can anyone advise on the problems below please?

My engine management light came on the other day so i took the car to my local dealer for a reading and was told it was the bank one lambda sensor. They said that the pre-turbo pipe also had a blow so could be affecting the reading. So I've replaced the up-pipe, gaskets etc but the CEL is still on. Should this have turned off if it was only the blow in the exhaust affecting it or is it something that would need resetting?
Since replacing the up-pipe the car was running fine so I disconnected the battery for a few minutes to try to reset the CEL but it is still on and now the car also seems to be running like it's over boosting. The car has been decatted before I bought it and I assume it was remapped to suit, could disconnecting the battery affect the remap at all?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Carleen
CAR133N

Re: Engine management light problems

Postby asperformance » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 am

disconnecting the battery does nothing...........

the 01> cars require a re-set through the diagnostic port as opposed to simply taking the battery off that only worked on the classic cars

sounds like the sensor is fubarred, get it checked/re-set properly and you should be able to tell from the diagnostic values where the issue lies
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Return to Tech Help