Login    Register

Nur spec r...

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Nur spec r...

Postby scoobychris555 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 am

So after some thought I've decided I want the nur spec r, but should I keep it cat back or have a straight through system, after reading up about it I'm kinda confused. I was all for the full system. Decisions decisions.
scoobychris555

Re: Nur spec r...

Postby hightower » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:48 am

I put the cat back on the rb320, saves alot of hassle MOT time and still gives you the god of thunder noise effect!
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby SteveS » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 pm

I have swapped the Prodrive backbox for a Hayward & Scott backbox, kept the cat on and boy is it sooooooooooooo much louder, loverly burble, the differnce being the H&S has a much less angled pipe to the backbox so less resistance for the gasses to escape.
SteveS

Postby scoobychris555 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 pm

SteveS wrote:I have swapped the Prodrive backbox for a Hayward & Scott backbox, kept the cat on and boy is it sooooooooooooo much louder, loverly burble, the differnce being the H&S has a much less angled pipe to the backbox so less resistance for the gasses to escape.

The MOT shouldnt really be a drama for me anyways. I had a chat with scoobyworld and i think im going for the raptor cat back for now, its like half the price of a Nur spec and has a great sound. I beleive H&S make this product, i have heard good things about about H&S. But once winter has passed ill be booking into RCM for some work :D
scoobychris555

Return to Tech Help