Login    Register
  • Author
Further worries too add to my sick wr1 engine management on

Postby atweats » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:25 pm

After today downfall of unexpected rain whilst coming town the carriage way the engine management light decides to come on . No symtoms of miss fire or anything out the blue , still seem to have full power through the rev range although i did back off after and kept of he boost till I know what it is causing it .

is there any way of ressetting the light to go back off ? I can only suspect that my leaky exhaust gaskets are the cause of the problem as everything else seems sweet as a nut -

Sorry to keep asking you guys but iv had this car less than 2 months and already im thinking of getting rid and going back to a skyline never gave me any problems at all over the 3 years I had her :(
atweats

Postby Megaman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm

You need a code reader or a laptop + tactrix cable & ecu explorer to do it. Alternatively some error codes are reset by turning car on/off 5-6 times in a row. so 6th start onwards some codes clear.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:06 am

this is only a stab in the dark, but it could be the leaky exhaust gaskets throwing off the lamba sensor and thus the ecu throwing a wobbly.

or have you had a poor batch of fuel? I sometimes have it come on under full load if I haven't used Shell Vpower - the closest garage is a good 20 mins away...and I can easily drain 1/4 tank just on the way back.
CAVEMAN

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 pm

If you turn the car on then off 3 times in succession it will reset the cel light, if it comes on again after you do this then there is a problem and you will need a code reader to see what error code is coming up.
Gee Wr1

Postby reaso » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Just guessing but I had a classic Subaru and engine light came on motorways and going uphills seem stupid but turned out to be the sensor on the duct going into the airbox the maf sensor I think.Also on my wr1 the light came on same symptoms but decided to remove the sensor and there is a small led type light that looked a bit dirty so I give it a clean with a soft brush light has never come on since over a year ago now.
If not its probably something simple
reaso

Postby Steveyk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I used to have the same problem, I stopped putting Tesco petrol in and never had the problem since!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby asperformance » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm

where are you based as someone will happily look at it for you no doubt, we are based in the NE but happy to sort if your local??
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby atweats » Sat May 05, 2012 12:27 pm

lights gone off after few startup . will clean sensors later on in the week with some carb cleaner perhaps. Hope it doesnt come back on . thanks for the offers though and support .
atweats

Return to Tech Help