Login    Register

Strut Overhaul service

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Strut Overhaul service

Postby Carl Curtis » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about offering a Strut Overhaul service for anyone thats needs it doing.Not sure what I would charge for the work yet as I am just putting some feelers out.
Certainly am not looking to make huge profits from it would be more interested in saving people money on upgrading or buying new ones.
Think I would look into offering a full turn around ie, stripping them down completely and cleaning and getting them shot blasted and powder coated much the same as I did with mine recently.
Would be useful to get views on this so I can forget about it or actually put something concrete together.
In the mean time will think about costs.
Thanks in advance
Carl
Carl Curtis

Postby Steveyk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

It's a good plan mate, I would consider it! Bear in mind a new pair of shocks costs less than £300 notes though :wink:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby W1 KRB » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 am

One thing bear in mind is how much it's gunna cost to send 4 struts in the post two ways, at least £40-50 I would imagine as a guess, good idea still though, could you shot blast in original red colour too?!
W1 KRB

Postby Shane » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 am

Sounds like a good idea, depending on cost.
Shane

Postby Devious » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 pm

RCM offer this service for £50 plus VAT per strut
Devious

Postby Carl Curtis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 pm

I wonder if they offer to paint it or powder coat.Suspect not.Not that I am knocking there service.They are a profit making organisation after all. Does that also include P + P back to you.£50 seems reasonable.
Carl Curtis

Postby Steveyk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 am

I would defo be interested in getting mine refurbed and PC'd. I reckon I'll have my BC's in the next few weeks but I want to get the originals refurbed for originality's sake.
Steveyk

Postby Carl Curtis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 pm

I reckon I could offer to overhaul for £60 a side.This would include a full strip down of course,complete clean and powder coat.Within reason should be able to get them coated to a colour of your choice.I would then post back to you for £20.
If you are unsure of the in and outs of this have a look at my 'Sticky' post in this section.
I will be making no money out of this.Happy to do in my spare time and offer a service for people.
Welcome a chat or PM with anyone of you like.
All the best

Carl
Carl Curtis

Postby Steveyk » Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Carl, I have replaced my rear struts with standard KYB ones. I wondered if you wanted the old ones to refurb and sell on? They're no use to me any more...
Steveyk

Postby Carl Curtis » Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Steveyk wrote:Carl, I have replaced my rear struts with standard KYB ones. I wondered if you wanted the old ones to refurb and sell on? They're no use to me any more...

Yes mate,PM me with the price you would want for them.Cheers
Carl
Carl Curtis

Return to Tech Help