Login    Register

help

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
help

Postby buffy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

just had the 1 serviced, oil/filter,new plugs, uprated fuel pump and re mapped, the problem i got is that it judders most times when pulling off at junctions sometimes when changing up it seems to have a sort of miss, and cant get no more than 50miles out of £20 petrol,, and thats not booting it,, the only way i can get it to run slightly better is to leave the petrol cap loose, could it be the mapping or wrong pump fitted, mapping was done by bob rawle??????
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Megaman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 pm

A mapper should be able to tap in and see whats going on, sounds like its running really rich to me or there is an ignition issue. Give someone like Adam at autotecnica a bell, he might know off the top of his head by the way its running.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby SteveS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Had a similar problem on my WRX recently, turned out to be no 2 cylinder coil , got it replaced and she went like a dream. Hope yours is that easy
SteveS

Postby Steveyk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I also had a similar problem on my previous WRX! Turned out the numpty who serviced it left one of the coils loose, which eventually fell off.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Megaman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 pm

I think coil packs can come lose if the plugs are changed whilst the engine is warm. So maybe thats what happened.

How does this happen you might ask. Well im not saying that they did this, BUT maybe the garage took your car for a joy ride to try it out, followed by a few donuts in Mc Donalds car park whilst hanging out of the window, stereo cranked up to the max. Then cruised back and started to service the car whilst still warm from the car being bounced off the limiter for the past half hour... result is coil pack works loose when the car cools down overnight whilst recovering from the garage thrash.

If your worried about this happening to your car get a roadhawk! :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby buffy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 am

Megaman wrote:I think coil packs can come lose if the plugs are changed whilst the engine is warm. So maybe thats what happened.

How does this happen you might ask. Well im not saying that they did this, BUT maybe the garage took your car for a joy ride to try it out, followed by a few donuts in Mc Donalds car park whilst hanging out of the window, stereo cranked up to the max. Then cruised back and started to service the car whilst still warm from the car being bounced off the limiter for the past half hour... result is coil pack works loose when the car cools down overnight whilst recovering from the garage thrash.

If your worried about this happening to your car get a roadhawk! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: why didnt i think of that
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Steveyk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 am

B*stards! The guy at the garage took nearly 2 hrs to do a ten mile drive back to mine, and when he dropped the car off he had his girlfriend in it too! He said she only lived down the road! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :mad:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby buffy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Steveyk wrote:B*stards! The guy at the garage took nearly 2 hrs to do a ten mile drive back to mine, and when he dropped the car off he had his girlfriend in it too! He said she only lived down the road! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :mad:

so why the pressure in the tank when i release the cap (only if i do the cap up tight)?????
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby SteveS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 pm

buffy wrote:
Steveyk wrote:B*stards! The guy at the garage took nearly 2 hrs to do a ten mile drive back to mine, and when he dropped the car off he had his girlfriend in it too! He said she only lived down the road! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :mad:

so why the pressure in the tank when i release the cap (only if i do the cap up tight)?????

Rather than pressure, its more of a partial vaccuum, mine does it too, the sticker by the cap says release slowly.
SteveS

Postby buffy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:43 am

SteveS wrote:
buffy wrote:

Rather than pressure, its more of a partial vaccuum, mine does it too, the sticker by the cap says release slowly.

I agree with this but car runs smoother when I have release the pressure ??? And if I leave the cap loose???think the pump maybe to big?????
LBUFFIN
buffy

Return to Tech Help