Login    Register

Help urgently required.. PLEASE

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Help urgently required.. PLEASE

Postby S4lford » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:32 am

Here's the situation.
Went out to the car yesterday morning drove no probs, but on the way home noticed the ic button wasn't working not to concerned about it as could of been frozen, but then when I came out to drive it later I had no respond from the car at all.
When you turn the key the cluster does it swoosh thingy but the defi have no power or the radio dosnt come on,then when you press the button on the key fob it clicks but then won't start.
It just clicks and the alarm try's to go off when turning the key all the way round to start her up..
Have checked all fuses all seem ok, have unhooked battery but still nothing.
Could this be the immobilizer kickin in.
HELP PLEASE!!!!!
[/list]
S4lford

Postby Steveyk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hi matey, I noticed when I fitted my HIDs wednesday night in the cold the car struggled to turn over. The dash lights were very dim, the radio wouldn't work and the lights weren't working. It hadn't been driven for over a week. I thought it was going to need a jump start but it eventually started ok. Maybe the cold has killed your battery? does the car turn over or not? Mine eventually fired up, and hasn't had a problem since...
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby S4lford » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 am

All headlights work. It's just the defis and radio that arnt working.
It doesn't even try turnin over it just starts the alarm off when u try turnin it over and clicks.
S4lford

Postby BIG"E" » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Flat battery ??
BIG"E"

Postby Crockel » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:29 pm

BIG"E" wrote:Flat battery ??

Seems the most obvious- I take it you have tried jumping/ bumping it or replacing the battery?
Crockel

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Ive had two dead car batteries on my car over 4 yrs. Tell tale sign is definitely the alarm half sounding as it tries to tick over when turning the key. If its got to that stage the battery is normally beyond re-charging properly and needs replacing. People say drive around 20-30 mins to start recharging it and bringing life back into it but both times ive done 3-4hr journeys up and down the M1 on a half dead battery and its never got its full life back.

Now you need to be prepared for the price of new car batteries, im sure my first one that went was around 20-30 quid from halfrauds, last two were tripple that. :shock:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby S4lford » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Cheers everyone.
Job done. Battery f**ked.
Big relief, now I can go and play :lol:
S4lford

Postby Steveyk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Megaman wrote:Ive had two dead car batteries on my car over 4 yrs. Tell tale sign is definitely the alarm half sounding as it tries to tick over when turning the key. If its got to that stage the battery is normally beyond re-charging properly and needs replacing. People say drive around 20-30 mins to start recharging it and bringing life back into it but both times ive done 3-4hr journeys up and down the M1 on a half dead battery and its never got its full life back.

Now you need to be prepared for the price of new car batteries, im sure my first one that went was around 20-30 quid from halfrauds, last two were tripple that. :shock:

put a battery on the wife's Jazz last week, two AA's would start that thing, but I paid £72 from Halfrauds! Dread to think what it'll be for the mighty battery on the 1! Good luck S4lford!
Steveyk

Postby SteveS » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Same here, put a new battery in from Halfrauds (only coz my lad works there and has a staff discount card) Its a full calcium type and made a load of difference to the starting.
SteveS

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm

When did batteries get so expensive, im sure in the olden days you could pick these up all over for 15-20 notes for a good one. Now its the best part of 100 notes if not more if you go for one of the smaller ones like on Rosey B's car from RCM. Lightweight high power ones i think tehy supply.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby hightower » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 am

get them from euro car parts as there is a deal on with a discount code thing for 25% off and free next day delivery, i just got one for my integra DC2 and my wifes DC5. 44 odd quid with a 4 year guarentee
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby chiroman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 am

Got a Bosch one from Eurocarparts. This is good as it has two folding handles on which help when lifting out etc . Also worth getting alternator output checked for low volts. I had prob with battery going flat which new one didn't cure, went all thro the rigmarole of checking voltage with various loads on which was inconclusive. Had alt tested which immediately identified low volts output so had it rebuilt ok ever since.
chiroman

Postby Clark » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am

One of our clients was telling me how much Porsche wanted to spec his new GT3 with a lightweight battery,I just about fell off my seat! £1000+!!
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Steveyk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am

Clark wrote:One of our clients was telling me how much Porsche wanted to spec his new GT3 with a lightweight battery,I just about fell off my seat! £1000+!!

Ah, but it saves 10kg (or something)! :lol:
Steveyk

Return to Tech Help