Login    Register

Turbosmart dumpvalve

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Turbosmart dumpvalve

Postby reaso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi anybody got a turbosmart supersonic dump valve fitted to there car.I
Have just fitted one and when your on full boost there is like a whining noise until you lift off or change gear is this normal? noise sounds similar to over boosting noise,but I had a health check done by the jolly green monster a few months ago with the standard dump valve and everything was ok
I don't think it should be like that with the standard one on there is no whining noise,apart from putting the standard one back on any suggestions,
I like the noise I know it's a bit sad :P
reaso

Postby grahampesking » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I have the same dump valve but no whining noise, maybe try adjusting it slightly , tighten it up or by turning it :?
grahampesking

Postby reaso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Tried adjusting it but has made no difference,was originally fitted with 3"
Stainless steel full system it has been removed and sold and replaced with the original pro drive system the other one was too noisey,although there was no whining with the stainless steel exhaust on so I am thinking it's to do with the exhaust,after checking where it is connected to the turbo it looks like there is a small crack in the down pipe maybe this could be making the noise although the noise is not there with the original dump valve,I did use an non Subaru gasket between the turbo and down pipe maybe this is leaking,think it could be a good excuse to get another decatted exhaust system and remapp to soot.
Just as I was checking around the turbo I noticed the uppipe is heat wrapped I don't think this is standard but it has the original headers on it trying to get in touch with the previous owner if he knows.
I am from n.Ireland but the car is originally from England does any body know previous owner off number 33
reaso

Turbosmart dump valve

Postby reaso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Tried adjusting it but has made no difference,was originally fitted with 3"
Stainless steel full system it has been removed and sold and replaced with the original pro drive system the other one was too noisey,although there was no whining with the stainless steel exhaust on so I am thinking it's to do with the exhaust,after checking where it is connected to the turbo it looks like there is a small crack in the down pipe maybe this could be making the noise although the noise is not there with the original dump valve,I did use an non Subaru gasket between the turbo and down pipe maybe this is leaking,think it could be a good excuse to get another decatted exhaust system and remapp to soot.
Just as I was checking around the turbo I noticed the uppipe is heat wrapped I don't think this is standard but it has the original headers on it trying to get in touch with the previous owner if he knows.
I am from n.Ireland but the car is originally from England does any body know previous owner off number 33
reaso

Postby reaso » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 pm

After some head melting turned out I needed a new gasket on the dump valve so made one out off titanium in work happy days :P
reaso

Return to Tech Help