Login    Register

DBA brakes, anybody tried these?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
DBA brakes, anybody tried these?

Postby Steveyk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Has anyone fitted these, or know anyone that has? They look quality and the 'Kangaroo Paw' tech makes sense.

http://www.dba.com.au/node/5335

Was going to buy Brembo discs or EBC Ultimax all round but I quite like the look of these
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby marchar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:52 pm

never seen em steve, They have a fair old trip across the pond to get here though !

I need to change my anchors in a couple of months so let us know how u get on please bud :wink:
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby Steveyk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Demon Tweeks sell them, and one or two other places, they have heat sensitive paint which changes colour at particular temperatures. Not sure how much use this is... :?

Might take the plunge and order a set, they can't be worse than the crap I've got on now!
Steveyk

Postby asperformance » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:51 pm

we used to sell a lot of these but they are harder to source these days after a few issues with changing importers, etc..................

not sure on the exact costs these days but we would normally supply a similiar quality, more cost effective disc these days
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby marchar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:49 pm

thats good to know alyn, I will be having the full set when I have saved enough pennies, I will give you a shout when the time comes
marchar

Postby Steveyk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:57 pm

The DBA 4000 series are £480 for a full set. What else is there for that sort of cash? Most seem to be around £300 a pair, Brembos vary wildy from £550 for 4 to about £800
Steveyk

Postby marchar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:11 pm

£480 for the set seems a bit on the cheap side ? I'd be worried at how they would cope for that price.

When I brought my one I had some euro car parts specials put on the front of mine as a temporary measure, cant remember what make they were but they aint great and I paid £300 disc and pads.

I have been looking around a lot and £750 - £850 was the price which decent stuff came out at for the set.
marchar

Postby Steveyk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Same here, I bought a full set of discs and pads in a hurry for less than £400. Now I know why they were cheap. Cos they're crap.

£480 is just the discs, so there'll be another £300-400 for pads too.

Trouble is, you don't know what to go for if you've not had them before and it's a lot of money to waste. Scoobyparts can do a full set of Brembo drilled discs for £550 which seems reasonable, and they must be half decent?

Decisions decisions... :roll:
Steveyk

Postby Wombat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:24 pm

asperformance wrote:we used to sell a lot of these but they are harder to source these days after a few issues with changing importers, etc..................

not sure on the exact costs these days but we would normally supply a similiar quality, more cost effective disc these days

Hi, my front discs are on their way out so I need to start thinking about replacements. Currently running the standard Brembo setup with redstuff pads- what would you recommend as a natural replacement if I was to go aftermarket for around the Brembo budget?

Wombat

Return to Tech Help