Login    Register

key fob programming

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
key fob programming

Postby reaso » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 pm

recently found out that my car has been fitted with an ecutek ecu maybe because it was decatted which i have removed and replaced with the standard exhaust and got the ecu tweaked back to a safe map.i dont have the original wr1 ecu but i have picked one up can i just plug the new ecu in and reprogramme the keys myself do i need the transponder(what is this)or do i need to take it to subaru to do this.
cheers
reaso

Postby SteveS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:45 am

Hi mate, personally, I would take it to the stealers as if you do it and it goes tits up, you will be landed with a large Subaru shaped paperwieght and be left in a whole world of hurt.

Let us know how you get on.
SteveS

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Ecutek is not acctually an ecu it is the software used to remap the ecu. You still have a standard ecu fitted just its been rewritten with a map suited to whatever mods have been fitted using the ecutek software.

Ecutek were the 1st company to crack subarus code in the standard ecu's allowing for it to be remapped. There is also other opensource software available to remap.

As for your questions about the keys sorry i can't help lol.
Gee Wr1

Postby grahampesking » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 pm

you need to take the keys with the car to the stealers mate ,, it will only take them 2 mins to program the keys , I had to do it with one of my keys
grahampesking

Postby Autotecnica » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:08 am

cheaper to pay a mapper to re flash a standard wr1 map back on the car!
Buxton Subaru Centre. 01298 27391
Autotecnica

Postby reaso » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 pm

should have done this first you are correct gee wr1 i do have my original ecu fitted with the correct reg chassis number on it etc,i was told by somebody that these where locked and could not be overwritten so i assumed that i had a different aftermarket one that could be overwritten,
unfortunaltly i went and bought a wr1 ecu which i no longer need anybody know off any body looking one.
well at least a dont need my keys reprogrammed now
i must have been talking to the wrong people at the time at least on the forum you get people who know what they are talking about
cheers lads for the replies
reaso

Postby IAN » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 pm

it all depends what part of the key u want to programme if it is just the button/alarm you can do this yourself with the alarm keypad but if its the chip / transponder you need to programme the ecu good luck
WR1 #116
IAN

Return to Tech Help