Login    Register

Shell "V"Power or Tesco 99?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Shell "V"Power or Tesco 99?

Postby WR1 IMPOSTER 2! » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Would appreciate some advice on this one! Have always run my car on
V Power since i bought it and never thought to look for an alternative. However my local Shell garage has shut which means a considerable hike to the next nearest Shell robbin bastards. Anyway, i've heard that Tesco do this "Tesco 99" and was wondering if anyone has used it, if it's any good etc? While i'm at it, are there any other alternatives for our type of motors?
WR1 IMPOSTER 2!

Re: Shell "V"Power or Tesco 99?

Postby grahampesking » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm

WR1 IMPOSTER 2! wrote:Would appreciate some advice on this one! Have always run my car on
V Power since i bought it and never thought to look for an alternative. However my local Shell garage has shut which means a considerable hike to the next nearest Shell robbin bastards. Anyway, i've heard that Tesco do this "Tesco 99" and was wondering if anyone has used it, if it's any good etc? While i'm at it, are there any other alternatives for our type of motors?

my car got mapped on tesco as the nearest shell garage is miles away ,
Ive never had any problems with there 99 Momentum Fuel ,,
grahampesking

Re: Shell "V"Power or Tesco 99?

Postby SteveS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 pm

WR1 IMPOSTER 2! wrote:Would appreciate some advice on this one! Have always run my car on

Good news mate, the Tesco at Wigston sells the fuel you are after, will speak to you tomorrow for directions. :D

Just put in your postcode and this will tell you where the nearest Tesco petrol station selling the Momentum fuel is. Apparrently, they have 410 outlets.

http://www.tesco.com/Momentum99/
SteveS

Postby Scooby Si » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:53 pm

I use Shell or Tesco in mine and get the same mpg on both around the 22 mark so I wouldn't worry about it unless it has been specifically mapped to V Power
Scooby Si

Postby WR1 IMPOSTER 2! » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for the advice guys! Best be getting meself a Tesco clubcard then!!
Unless of course someone knows any different in which case the "Indiana Jones super crackin special is commin out! :twisted:
WR1 IMPOSTER 2!

Return to Tech Help