Login    Register

Rebuild Info - Pic Request

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Rebuild Info - Pic Request

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Gents as you know, just before Xmas on my return from Saudi I fell off the road as I didn't change my tyres over...

Thankfully this only meant a cracked front bumper and a slightly bent lower X member.

I have taken advantage of this and fitted a new radiator, new cooling matrix - along with an AC recharge, sprayed up and protected the bumper X member as well as the lower X member. Plus got my bonnet re-sprayed again too!!

I am now in the process of putting it all back together again, with all new fixings and plastic clips...but I have a slight request for you guys.

So far I have put back everything bar the front bumper, winglets and headlights. BUT - putting my old bumper back on for a test fit, there is 3 fixing holes in the middle of the lower lip..I can't seem to see where this attaches..and there isn't any marks to indicate they were used at all.

Can somebody just grab a pic of the underside of their bumper (obviously those with a splitter are pardoned) so I can see if they are used - and if I am missing any part.

The workshop manual says they are used, but don't give much detail into the drawings so I can see how!!

Thanks people!!
CAVEMAN

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Didn't take a pic but just popped out for a look at mine. Yep 3 holes on middle of bottom lip with NOTHING bolted onto them. They are sort of 3 lugs each with a hole, if thats the ones you mean then panic over your not missing anything :D
Gee Wr1

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Top man. Good effort Gee man.

Many thanks for that, thought I was going crazy there. Even took a walk to see if I had left anything behind in the snow but couldn't see anything. Guess this explains it!

Just need the bits back from the paint shop now! Bring back the burble, the neighbors will be pleased!
CAVEMAN

Return to Tech Help