Login    Register

Miles to km conversion

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Miles to km conversion

Postby Redrobbersdog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 am

I've moved to Australia and awaiting approval to import No.63 with me but am unsure whether it's possible to change the speedo and mileage into kms. They seem to love there imprezas and I assume they won't have seen another WR1 in the flesh. Anybody help?
Redrobbersdog

Postby Cozzy 481 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Gud day mate! We may be the only 2 known uk wr1s in oz if i ever get my visa.I wont be leaving her behind i just wont go!! I thought that because we have the kilometres on the clock aswell as mph we may not need to change. But anyhow the car goes into a process set out by the oz authorities, steam cleaning, seat belts etc changed for their regs, and the tax for import is a joke. They hike it right up because they dont want you to bring a car with you,they want you to buy a car there so they get the dosh back into there coffers.( They aint stupid ).
Whats state are you in? and whats the work climate like?( Im a plumbing and heating engineer) Did you choose to import rather than export it with you because the tax is cheaper for import? (ive been told this is the case).
If we ever go we are heading to Perth by the way and i know they will love the 1 :thumb:
Cozzy
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:17 am

should be fine as you have both kph and mph on the speedo...an easy fix to change dials over anyhow

can you not just import as a personal good if you have owned it over a certain period? its not like you are a trader wanting to sell on is it?

Plenty of cheap goodies from Oz to bolt on too!
CAVEMAN

Postby Redrobbersdog » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

I'm in Perth and there are quite a few WRX's knocking about but not a lot of STi's. If you've got a trade then you should be fine as there's lots of people saying they can't get a tradesman to give them a price never mind do the job if they live too far away from you. Read all the stuff about steam cleaning underneath ect but from my experience I think a lot of it is scaremongering. I arrived in December with 3 cases and a push bike in my luggage allowance. I declared that my bike had come in contact with soil on the immigration card on the flight, they highlighted it at customs but when I got my luggage off the carousel people were queuing to put things through the xray machine an official came up to me seen my visa and said "welcome to Australia" and sent me through without checking anything. I might have just been lucky though???
Redrobbersdog

Return to Tech Help