Login    Register

Recommendations on replacement speakers

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Recommendations on replacement speakers

Postby Crockel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I have recently upgraded the head unit on my car which has made a major improvement to the sound. On the basis of just how poor the original Subaru headset was I am guessing the speakers aren't much better so they are the next things that need upgrading. I was interested in what speakers others have installed- I really don't want to cut the door cards about so I want something that swaps straight over ideally and I don't need bass that gives me a nosebleed every time I crank it up!

Cheers

Lee
Crockel

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 am

We've got genesis speakers which fit strait in, also it would pay you to dynamat the doors otherwise you may aswell keep o.e speakers, on decent volume it will just be shite !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Scooby Lee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:20 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:We've got genesis speakers which fit strait in, also it would pay you to dynamat the doors otherwise you may aswell keep o.e speakers, on decent volume it will just be shite !

As stated, if you update the speakers you need to invest in some Dynamat. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting time and money.
Sold out and bought an EVO......then sold it because it was rubbish!
Scooby Lee

Postby CAVEMAN » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:18 pm

but adding more weight will just slow you down!

bin the lot and enjoy the burble.
CAVEMAN

Postby Steveyk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Hmmmm. I upgraded my stereo, head unit, speakers, the lot. On the odd occasion I turn it on, it sounds quite good! Then I start the engine, and the tunes are cancelled out by the noise from the intake, exhaust and turbo. I wish I'd spent the money on tyres and brakes instead! :lol:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Megaman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:32 pm

I had dynomat in the doors and changed front two speakers and head unit. Front speakers were a pain as they had to be quite thin to fit without restricting windows due to the thin doors. My sounds much better than standard but still no comparison to a car with a good sound system from the factory like an audi with boston accoustics etc.

I spent 300 or so on speakers inc fitting + dynamat... headunit was 800-1000 for a double din sat nav unit etc..
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Steveyk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Buy some decent headphones for your iPod and spend the other £1400 on go-faster bits :wink:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Megaman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Needed a hands free kit - that was the cheapest double din on the market giving bluetooth hands free. Its not like i ever watch dvd's or use the sat nav when ive a snooper and tom tom i normally use for a to b travelling :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to Tech Help