Login    Register

Alarm / Safety features...

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Alarm / Safety features...

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Recently had to change batteries due to the new one from Halfrauds giving up the ghost after 6 months.

I had the new battery connected up whilst I was removing the old one so I didn't reset the clock/radio channels/blah blah. Well anyways, I f****d that up and reset it all anyway.

The clock and stereo etc, weren't beyond me to set correctly, however, I've noticed the alarm has changed - the ultrasonic sensors turned off - which I have managed to turn back on using the manual.

However, the doors used to automatically lock after 30 seconds or so if there was nobody in the car. This no longer happens, the manual says this is a feature that only Subaru can turn on/off when you buy the car.

I liked this feature, but have I really got to take it back to the stealers just to get this turned back on? Also, there are a few other little features installed with the alarm that again, only subaru are supposed to be able to turn on/off that I may wish to enable.

Is there anyway this can be done without going back to subaru.

I have the alarm code, etc. I'm sure it's probably only a button sequence or whatever.

Any help will be appreciated.
MaverickUK82

Postby markywr1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:53 pm

If you go on SIDC-forums-stolen subarus-how easy are these to steal, it does go into some detail about the above, sorry i cant post a link :thumb:
markywr1

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Brilliant ! Thanks guys!
MaverickUK82

Return to Tech Help