Login    Register
  • Author
radio is terrible and something about the drive of my 1

Postby horace935 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:54 pm

hi all happy new year ive had my 1 now for 3 months and she is brill only thing is since i got her with a kenwood dvd sat nav double din stereo the radio reception is crap and it does annoy anyone know what could be the prob also when she is in auto which is what it is in all the time whilst i get used to it as my other motor is a vivaro van when i go round tight corners it feels like the rear diff is locked is this normal ?? to explain better its like the inside rear wheel is trying to find grip and this is on slow speeds im not a dead head as i am in the car trade and also race cars so im not a pussy pardon the pun any help would be really appreciated thanx all in advance :?:
FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERES FOSTERS
horace935

Postby BIG"E" » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Yes mate its normal.

Mine is the same and has been from new.

It does it when corning when on virtually full lock especially if you are going from a flattish road round a tight turn up a hill.

I think its someting to do with the limited slip diff.

But I could be wrong.
BIG"E"

Postby Loco2527 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:36 pm

actually, my dads jeep cherokee does the same thing, even in 2wd mode, if you turn tightly, feels like the wheels kind of skip round. its caused me a few times while driving it to check i hadnt accidently put it in locked diff mode. maybe it is just a quirk of a few particular 4wd systems
Loco2527

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 am

Horace, it skips in auto mode ! :?

Had ours from new and never once as that occured in auto mode!
Switch the dccd into any other mode it will happen on cornering/manovering.

All you can do is check aerial connectors, or get someone else from a ICE dealer to check, also have you cleaned the rear window with a abrasive window cleaner, doing so may damage your antenna !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Chris 280 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm

hi mate ,mine did a similar sort of thing with the back wheel where there was a slight change in gradient,cause was found to be the old rear shocks,staying up :roll: .new shocks fitted by adam and no trouble since.good luck
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Return to Tech Help